Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading attendance or tix sold

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I collected my extras yesterday. I predict carnage on Saturday as loads will be collecting tickets, long queues and possibly blowing a hoolie with rain.

Print at home seems a good option, if you can.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a serious note, this time last year I was being shot down in flames for suggesting the club overpriced a televised lunchtime kick off. This time round I'm going and taking my son and his mate for under thirty quid. Tickets already at home. Guessing the attendance will be the same or bigger than the one against Newcastle. Well done the club for listening.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I collected my extras yesterday. I predict carnage on Saturday as loads will be collecting tickets, long queues and possibly blowing a hoolie with rain.

Print at home seems a good option, if you can.

Very good. Just printed our 7 out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bought two tickets for ESU, with no booking fee. Printed tickets at home, job done.

I guess a crowd 24,000 tomorrow.

Weather forecast is for it to be better tomorrow than today.

Yep - currently it looks like rain and windy in the morning, up to 1pm ish. Then cloudy and breezy, but tomorrow will be at least a couple of degrees colder than today; so 7C with a 20mph wind under cloudy skies will feel more like 2C.

Wrap up warm everyone.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
On a serious note, this time last year I was being shot down in flames for suggesting the club overpriced a televised lunchtime kick off. This time round I'm going and taking my son and his mate for under thirty quid. Tickets already at home. Guessing the attendance will be the same or bigger than the one against Newcastle. Well done the club for listening.

Newcastle sold out didn't it? Don't think this will.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

To be fair, we're not playing a Premiership side this time. Not even a struggling dire one.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Newcastle sold out didn't it? Don't think this will.

No. Only 21,000 or so. Lowest crowd of the season.

However, I'm not convinced that setting the prices lower would have enticed many more people along. If they'd have set the prices for tomorrow's match (£10-£15) for the Newcastle match, there was a real possibility, maybe even probability of not making as much money. The principle reason for the pricing for the match tomorrow is its relative unattractiveness.

Arsenal's attitude to FA Cup pricing was a different matter altogether.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair, we're not playing a Premiership side this time. Not even a struggling dire one.

That was never my point on that thread though. My point was that it was at an inconvenient time for some and could be seen for free on the telly (or for the price of a pint and a sarnie in the pub).

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I phoned the club up and they said mine are print at home tickets and I should have recieved an email to download them, I didn't receive an email so they said they would email them again (at 11am) I didn't receive by 3pm so I emailed them and they then also said they would email them to me and I still haven't had them sent. So looks like tomorrow I'm gonna spending my afternoon stood in a que collecting them.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm surprised at the enthusiasm for this game, and also the predictions of a 20k crowd, I think it could be less.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm surprised at the enthusiasm for this game, and also the predictions of a 20k crowd, I think it could be less.

I'm still on 17K! But I guess the number will be somewhat inflated as the club will declare 100% 1901'ers

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm still on 17K! But I guess the number will be somewhat inflated as the club will declare 100% 1901'ers

It'll be interesting to see how many empty 1901 seats there are for this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My calculation is 0.67 x 26,000 + 2,000 + 2,500 = 21,840 announced and about 20,000 in attendance...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I really wouldn't be stunned at all. At a tenner a game (five quid a child), this is a very affordable one-off game for a family. And Reading have already sold most of their 2200 tickets (2000 yesterday, I think). Mind you, there will be a few STH who have bought tix but might not bother if the weather is gash.

I would only be surprised if the gate was outside the 23-27k range.

If we get that many, then with one less P&R, people having to buy train/bus tickets, plus having to queue for match ticket collection, it could be a binfest on here tomorrow night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was talking with someone from the club late this afternoon, and they were saying we are still on track for c20,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here