Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlight of today....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It will be nice to see a genuine attendance figure this Saturday.

Eh? Care to explain that? Saturday's figure won't be any more accurate than the league games, as it will still be tickets sold, rather than bodies through the turnstiles.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
so by people reckoning 6,000 odd people bought a ticket but didn't turn up! Obviously things crop up and people can't attend but that's still a large amount of people to just not show up. :cool:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Eh? Care to explain that? Saturday's figure won't be any more accurate than the league games, as it will still be tickets sold, rather than bodies through the turnstiles.

Because you wouldn't buy a ticket for a 1-off game and then not turn up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The club has said attendance means tickets sold. It's a measure of the number of people intending to go.

Can't see the big problem with this to be honest, and I personally have no issue with people planning to go to the match, but missing it for illness, holiday plans or hangovers etc.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
so by people reckoning 6,000 odd people bought a ticket but didn't turn up! Obviously things crop up and people can't attend but that's still a large amount of people to just not show up. :cool:

No trains from london, new years day + rubbish weather not surprising attendance was poor.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Highlight was not getting too wet walking from the Bridge car park oh and

.....................Orlandi's back (and for the would be pedants out there it's a replacement apostrophe not a possessive one)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
The club has said attendance means tickets sold. It's a measure of the number of people intending to go.

Can't see the big problem with this to be honest, and I personally have no issue with people planning to go to the match, but missing it for illness, holiday plans or hangovers etc.

Perhaps they should call it Intendance then. Attendance should mean those who have attended. By all means announce how many tickets have been sold but also tell the truth about how many are actually there. I know it's how every other club announces their attendances but it looks and sounds 2 bob.

On a related note, if I were the club, I'd want to know why people who had bought tickets did not attend. Ok, the club has banked the money but, for non-attending ST holders, there may be a risk of non-renewal and, therefore, risk of reduced income next season. They must have the data which shows which ST's were used for a particular game and which weren't. If the same ST hasn't been used for 2 or 3 consecutive games, that should generate an automatic letter/questionnaire asking why and if the ST is intending renewing next season, not in a Big Brother way but in an attempt to better understand someone's reason for not attending whilst highlighting the risk of non-renewal much earlier.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
On a related note, if I were the club, I'd want to know why people who had bought tickets did not attend.

"Daddy, did you make any New Year's resolutions?"

"Yes son, not to go to Brighton games when it's a bit wet and windy".

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
and feel I would be wasting money by not attending.

Strictly speaking you wouldn't be though with the difference between season ticket and match by match pricing. I haven't done the sums but off the top of my head I reckon it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket, in the knowledge that you'll miss 5 games per season rather than pay match by match, wouldn't it? Now STH's that I know tend to give/ sell their ticket to someone else and I reckon finding others to come may have been a bit tougher on New Year's Day

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Perhaps they should call it Intendance then. Attendance should mean those who have attended. By all means announce how many tickets have been sold but also tell the truth about how many are actually there. I know it's how every other club announces their attendances but it looks and sounds 2 bob.

Starting to agree with that. This issue really never used to bother me that much, but yesterday was farcical announcing an "attendance" of over 28K when it clearly wasn't anywhere near that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here