Votes: 46 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 18477

Would the club listen to the fans if enough made a petition...

No because the away fans coaches are behind the south stand and the idea was so they can leave and get on their coaches without having to walk all the way round the stadium thus causing less trouble... It won't change.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It's well needed! The North would be better suited as the family stand and the South more suited to the old North Stand...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No because the away fans coaches are behind the south stand and the idea was so they can leave and get on their coaches without having to walk all the way round the stadium thus causing less trouble... It won't change.

This is surely the only logical objection, but not an insurmountable one imho.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But what about all the issues there have been with away fans getting to and from the train station. I'd say this is a greater issue.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I think it would be foolish of them not to. After all, it is in their interest to make our home more intimidating atmosphere-wise.

Very true. I would love it if it happens. I would have to move from N1H but at least I would be somewhere I can sing and shout and not be looked at weird. Plus still have a good view if I get a good choice of seat

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Let's face it, for most games these days the only real trouble is a bit of mouthy posturing which is easy to police. For the tastier fixtures the best option has always been to keep the away fans behind for a period.

Exactly. Keeping the away fans behind for a certain amount of time gives them the chance to calm and think logically without having to resort to violence.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Exactly. Keeping the away fans behind for a certain amount of time gives them the chance to calm and think logically without having to resort to violence.

More crucially it gives the time for the home fans to naturally disperse, and those trying to hang around for trouble to be forced to disperse if required. But for most fixtures it's not needed.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Very true "Hungry Joe" well put.

Be nice though to have a singing section. I would of thought the club would of had that in the plans. But hey. They have got everything with the stadium pretty much spot on.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Very true "Hungry Joe" well put.

Be nice though to have a singing section. I would of thought the club would of had that in the plans. But hey. They have got everything with the stadium pretty much spot on.

The club initially envisaged the Upper West as our main singing section. The experiment hasn't worked so time to go back to the drawing board or accept the status quo.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The club initially envisaged the Upper West as our main singing section. The experiment hasn't worked so time to go back to the drawing board or accept the status quo.

Genuine question, is this really true as I have never heard this before? Where did you hear this?
I have a WSU season ticket and I didn't expect this to be a singing section, at the season ticket presentation I always understood the North would be the singing section.
I can't think of any ground I have visited where the upper tier of the main stand has a a singing section.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It doesn't matter which point of the compass it is, re main problem is BHA are short of rowdy bleed blue and white types. And that's partly because we're an affluent country casuals part of the country. But mainly the former. I mean when we hit rock bottom, just how many fans stuck it out (3k?) and of these how many are gobby singing types (10%?). Scatter these through the ground and yes, that's what we have currently. A few pockets that easily get drowned out by a collective groan when someone makes a short pass or something. And that will still happen if, impossibly, you were somehow able to get every person who wants to sing for 90mins in the same stand and adjacent at that.

Logistically it's too late - only a good dose in the lower leagues causing a dip in STHs to create spare seats that enable a general move to eg north or south. But even then it would require some organisation and agreement from incumbent seat holders. The reason it doesn't work currently is because it would never work - our fans are too fickle, seater stadiums kill atmosphere for all the reasons stated elsewhere and footballs every spiralling costs mean average age is 41 not 18. And by then, most (most!) people have had enough life experience to realise, well, it's just a game and not worth attracting the attention of the authorities monitoring you with cameras and Rambo wannabe stewards.

It's a good subject for discussion on NSC but it just won't happen I'm afraid. Odds are absolutely stacked against us. It was impossible to get the seats next to me for 2 friends when they became available last season. Club utterly unable to organise transfer. Do you think they could do for several hundred or thousands?! You've not had many dealings with the Albion of you think so!!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I do not think it will make a difference at all. Its a matter of getting those that want to stand and sing all together instead of having small fragmented groups all over. It makes a big difference. The club need to listen to the fans if they want the best support. Also it helps when people turn up massive gaps all over today

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here