Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - Bournemouth

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I don't think I've seen us have so many goal scoring opportunities while not actually deserving a win. Sounds odd I know, but I think so many were off their game. We had a good first 20-25mins, then a good last ten, but were pretty uninspired for the rest of the game. We had no urgency, there was seemingly no creativity, struggled to get to the second ball. My mind boggles at how we can be so poor and yet still create as many chances as we did.

Kuszczak 5 - his distribution was awful, and if any of our other keepers had the same sort of handling there'd be talk of nerves and not being good enough
Calderon 6 - would maraud forward without really contributing significantly, leaving us exposed at the back. Never a penalty.
El abd 5.5 - struggled, but dogged
Upson 7 - strong performance
Ward 7 - showed desire for the goal. Came forward but got back.
Bridcutt 5.5 - off his game
Ince 6 - poor periods, good periods
Crofts 7 - seemed to work hardest to get the ball back
Lopez 6.5 - put in some good crosses that put ulloa in great positions, put in some other good crosses that needed our players to attack them, bit slow to react to things at times
Lualua 6.5 - he was in front of me for most of the second half, and he must have been tired because it seemed like he just didn't have his top speed today. Crosses still lack accuracy or composure. Come of good shots.
Ulloa 6 - should have scored a couple, in some great positions. Ridiculous dive in the first half.

Agustien 6 - game livened up with him and Barnes on, some good crosses
Barnes 6 - could have scored but for some reflex/luck for Camp (even the guy behind me who loves to criticise Barnes put his misses down to Bournemouth being lucky - a late Christmas miracle!)
Orlandi - not on long enough, but looked more up to it than on his last appearance.

It was so frustrating to see camp send his goal kicks almost inch perfect to the full backs wide on the halfway liner sty much every time he took a goal kick and it seem like none of our players cottoned on to it.

Also, the game seemed to pass by so slowly.

This, plus the manager got it right with so many chances created. Really good opportunities can now be judged by the amount of times players hold their heads in their hands after missing!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Kuszczak - 5 Very poor kicking.
Calderon - 7 Brilliant tackle that have the penalty away. Good getting forward.
El-Abd - 7
Upson - 7
Ward - 7
Bridcutt - 6
Ince - 8
Crofts - 6
David - 6
Ulloa - 5 Not his usual self.
Lua Lua -7

Agustien -7
Barnes - 7
Orlandi - 7
All 3 subs made a big impact.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6 except Ward and Ince 7

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Kusczack - 6 - Nothing much to do. One good stop. Dreadful kicking.
Calderon - 6 - Stuggled defensively. No fault for the 'penalty' obviously.
Upson - 7 - Solid
El Abd -4.5 - This was the El Abd of pre-Gus days. Poor control, poor passing, poor decision making.
Ward - 8 - Excellent
Bridcutt - 4 - Genuinely the worst I've ever seen him play. Did badly at all the things he's so good at. Constantly caught in possession.
Ince - 7 - Decent
David - 5.5 - peripheral
Lua Lua - 8 - Good performance, despite a lack of protection from the ref. Desperately unlucky not to score. Twice.
Crofts - 7 - Work-horse
Ulloa - 5 - Worked hard, but its all about taking the chances. The huge miss on 45 minutes was a huge moment in the game. If we'd gone in level, we would almost certainly have won that game.

Barnes - 7 - Busy and determined.
Orlandi - 8 - Tantalising glimpse of what we've missed. Great awareness, great delivery and looked surprisingly QUICK, too.
Agustien -6.5 - Glimpses.

I'd agree with much of this. Ulloa and Bridcutt had shockers (Barnes would have been pilloried for having as bad a game as Ulloa did).
With El Abd, I think Bournemouth targeted him in that they didn't mind him having the ball with time and space, knowing he's not a natural passer, allowing them to double up on our few match winners such as KLL.

Barnes and Orlandi in very different ways, tipped the momentum of the game our way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters (26 votes)
Ward 7.52
Upson 7.07 (27 votes)
Ince 6.87 (87mins)
Lualua 6.85
Crofts 6.12 (67mins)
Kuszczak 6.04