Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you hear the Brighton sing

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
WSL used to be full of voice in the Amex season 1 due I guess to the excitement of it all being new. Each season since has got quieter after SBTS has finished. Now pretty dead. Still, there's no point moaning about it if you're not even there, like the OP.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Probably didn't expect anything other than the atmosphere we had,with the club thinking fans zone and good acoustics were all that was required to make the amex another Britannia Stadium(T B words) :facepalm:
Why should the atmosphere have been better?
OVER 28,000 TICKETS SOLD
SOUTH COAST DERBY
BANK HOLIDAY 3PM FIXTURE
GREAT AWAY SUPPORT
ATTACKING LINE UP (ALBION)
CLOSE GAME
IF THESES THINGS CANNOT PRODUCE AN ATMOSPHERE WE ARE IN TROUBLE???

Yep, he'd totally miscalculated the impact of numerous moaning old buggers who like to find all the negatives and also the droves who leave on 80 minutes.

If only he'd researched the multitude of ways that Stoke FC have helped their supporters find a voice for 90 minutes during all their games.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The problem is that the acoustics are terrible, why is it I can barely hear 1600 away fans in full voice from the other end of a football pitch? The noise just seems to evaporate in the stadium.

Jan 30, 2008
WSL used to be full of voice in the Amex season 1 due I guess to the excitement of it all being new. Each season since has got quieter after SBTS has finished. Now pretty dead. Still, there's no point moaning about it if you're not even there, like the OP.
where did i say i was moaning , just what i heard on my ipod which was mainly Bournemouth.............. LIVE WITH IT :wink:
regards
DR

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Probably didn't expect anything other than the atmosphere we had,with the club thinking fans zone and good acoustics were all that was required to make the amex another Britannia Stadium(T B words) :facepalm:
Why should the atmosphere have been better?
OVER 28,000 TICKETS SOLD
SOUTH COAST DERBY
BANK HOLIDAY 3PM FIXTURE
GREAT AWAY SUPPORT
ATTACKING LINE UP (ALBION)
CLOSE GAME
IF THESES THINGS CANNOT PRODUCE AN ATMOSPHERE WE ARE IN TROUBLE???

1. 28k tickets sold...but obviously less in attendance...6k less?
2. South coast derby..yes...bitter rivals? nah...some may care to differ.
3. Bank holiday fixture 3pm start ..yep good ...weather dire (didn't stop me being hoarse today mind)
4. Great away support...i personally would say good..clubs like Leeds are great...but it certainly helps the atmosphere to hav a large away following.
5. Attacking lineup.....hmmm..normal 451..with one striker and one pacey winger...3 midfielders not really known for there flair....

o well...just my opinion....i'll take my iPod next time

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
1. 28k tickets sold...but obviously less in attendance...6k less?
2. South coast derby..yes...bitter rivals? nah...some may care to differ.
3. Bank holiday fixture 3pm start ..yep good ...weather dire (didn't stop me being hoarse today mind)
4. Great away support...i personally would say good..clubs like Leeds are great...but it certainly helps the atmosphere to hav a large away following.
5. Attacking lineup.....hmmm..normal 451..with one striker and one pacey winger...3 midfielders not really known for there flair....

o well...just my opinion....i'll take my iPod next time

Spot on Lamie---two up front is the way to go at home:drink:
My voice if fecked after Charlton and Bore muff!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I feel like I'm the only one signing in WSU during Fanzone. The Great Escape always gets a few people clapping along though.

For long periods of the game yesterday we were very quiet, the last 15 minutes or so were very loud.
Bournemouth weren't that loud, which is to be expected when there are only 1700 or so, but they sang a lot which makes a nice change.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I feel like I'm the only one signing in WSU during Fanzone. The Great Escape always gets a few people clapping along though.

For long periods of the game yesterday we were very quiet, the last 15 minutes or so were very loud.
Bournemouth weren't that loud, which is to be expected when there are only 1700 or so, but they sang a lot which makes a nice change.

The first time in three seasons Iv'e heard ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK after twenty minutes of the second half-----seemed to do the job

:moo:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The problem is that the acoustics are terrible, why is it I can barely hear 1600 away fans in full voice from the other end of a football pitch? The noise just seems to evaporate in the stadium.
The noise, obviously, mainly bounces back down off the roof of the stand making the noise... So, a lot of the noise goes down to pitch level (which is why players and managers have often mentioned the "great atmosphere"), a lot of noise also stays pretty much inside the stand, and only a relatively small part of the noise made travels across the pitch to be heard by another stand.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The noise, obviously, mainly bounces back down off the roof of the stand making the noise... So, a lot of the noise goes down to pitch level (which is why players and managers have often mentioned the "great atmosphere"), a lot of noise also stays pretty much inside the stand, and only a relatively small part of the noise made travels across the pitch to be heard by another stand.

Thats it then ..we need someone on the pitch taking sound recordings ..i vote revvy

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
PROGRAMME SELLER..............i'd retract that comment and save yourself from looking like a complete :wanker:
regards
DR

Guess you will have to explain that one..............but of course you won't.
You made two opposite statements which neither could both be true, plain and simple you are a liar.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thats it then ..we need someone on the pitch taking sound recordings ..i vote revvy
it would give an accurate measure of "atmosphere" experienced by those involved in the game :)

especially compared with the nonsense of away fans claiming to have dominated the noise-making in an otherwise silent Amex...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here