Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can you hear the Brighton sing

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bournemouth's "Is this a library?" chant was spot on. The Bournemouth fans were absolutely fantastic today, sung throughout, one of the noisiest sets of away fans in a long time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They were Lamie, I was sat in the North and Bournmouth were obviously the louder fans, big day out for them.

Husty..we were quiet but I didn't rate them either and if u scroll up at least one other thinks same... shrug..but you are right it was there big day out.. . happy new year

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just don't understand our support, when it suits, the noise is great, but today it was so quiet. Being out sung by Bournemouth is a low point.

We were quiet but you certainly couldn't say we were outsung by Bournemouth. They were awful considering they were 1 up for majority of the match.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Funnily enough, i couldn't hear you singing in Newhaven from the North Stand either - do you think it's a problem with the acoustics ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were quiet but you certainly couldn't say we were outsung by Bournemouth. They were awful considering they were 1 up for majority of the match.

I can and I will say we were outsung, throughout the game they were louder, sustained and had a better repertoire. Those back 4 rows of the north stand that are so chuffed that they never sit down, really don't seem to do much for the argument about standing/sitting and it's relation to atmosphere. Where was out vocal support when it was needed?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Considering the number they brought with them, I thought Bournemouth's support was quite poor in comparison to others. Not that loud at all......

I sit in line with the penalty area towards the north end. I would say, however, that our support at home is woeful.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I thought Bournemouth were really quiet from my seat in the north.

We were very loud at certain points but quiet for long periods. I can't moan though because I didn't sing much as I wasn't feeling particularly good.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I can and I will say we were outsung, throughout the game they were louder, sustained and had a better repertoire. Those back 4 rows of the north stand that are so chuffed that they never sit down, really don't seem to do much for the argument about standing/sitting and it's relation to atmosphere. Where was out vocal support when it was needed?

Still don't really remember any great noise from their end. Certainly no great repertoire of songs.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Bournemouth's "Is this a library?" chant was spot on. The Bournemouth fans were absolutely fantastic today, sung throughout, one of the noisiest sets of away fans in a long time.

Small clubs playing away to big teams always make a lot of noise. Only time they get to enjoy a big match.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I did a fair bit. Not many of us in the South Stand though. "We're the South Stand.." got no response from the North. I thought they'd all fallen asleep over there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People tried as usual. Was flat today although did not think the away support was great either. A proper singing section like being discussed would be a huge plus as we could really make a collective noise

The north is meant to be the singing section! Some have gone v quiet in there...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Where do you sit in the stadium?
I am in the WSU towards the North and I did hear some singing from them but they didn't sound that loud.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I did a fair bit. Not many of us in the South Stand though. "We're the South Stand.." got no response from the North. I thought they'd all fallen asleep over there.

Couldn't hear you lot from the WSU either, not knocking you but maybe the North stand didn't hear you either.

Dec 29, 2011

Every club sings that, everywhere they go. Away fans are usually always louder, unless it's a very small club like Barnsley or Peterborough. Put 1,000 - 1,500 vocal supports together and they're obviously going to outsing 27,000 fans who want a quiet sit down out of the rain.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Amex atmosphere is absolutely shite, generally speaking.

Big holes in the crowd today, not surprising given the weather. But the North had some of the biggest holes, this in the stand that would like to publicise itself as the most passionate. The North may well sing more often than any part of the ground, but you can hardly hear it towards the south end of the ground.

WSU has really gone quiet this season. I loved it up there in the first season and now regret my move to WSL. Where I sit now is sooooo disappointing. People in the SW make a good effort, but due to lack of numbers need a little help, they sure as fxxk don't get it from WSL! I did stand, turn and applaud the SW at one point. People should realise that we do not have the correct kind of fan to create an atmosphere, I saw one fella today in Hunter fxxkin wellies, not a bird, or a fashionista daughter, a real life bloke at the football! Think he got confused with the venue for the point-to-point meeting!

Football has changed without any doubt, but for the better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here