Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which manager would you want to tie your long term future too?

Which manager would you want to tie your long term future too?

• Oscar Garcia

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • What about the children!!!

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Clearly not, and that's really unfair.

I know my your from you're.
There, their and they're, is a stroll in the park.
I've even learnt how to spell definitely, because of NSC.

But I still have a cavalier attitude towards the extra 'o' in to, sometimes I just can't help myself.

Sound like Perry from Kevin and Perry. ...are you a teen?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's fashionable to dislike Poyet at the moment.
Players will go for the best contract regardless of manager.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's fashionable to dislike Poyet at the moment.
Players will go for the best contract regardless of manager.

Not necessarily, you have players like Giggs, Scholes, the Neville’s and then you have the Bellemy’s, Crouch’s.

Brighton have a lot to offer and Bridcutt needs to be his own man and not in the Gus and Oatway gang. No offence to them but Bridcutt isn’t an outgoing in your face character, they are like chalk and cheese.

Time for him to move on and stay with us for now where Oscar wants him to play progressive football and express himself, and not the ridged role that Gus wants him to play.

Another Prem Club, then it's a different story.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Depends which club they are at.

Sunderland is not a long term successful prospect given recent experience in the top flight
Brighton is a completely unknown prospect due to lack of recent experience in the top flight

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ridiculous thread as most managers only last 2 maybe 3 years and most players contracts are about the same although they probably move on a bit quicker than that. Stupid to sign for a club because of the manager only to find he is sacked within months!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not necessarily, you have players like Giggs, Scholes, the Neville’s and then you have the Bellemy’s, Crouch’s.

Brighton have a lot to offer and Bridcutt needs to be his own man and not in the Gus and Oatway gang. No offence to them but Bridcutt isn’t an outgoing in your face character, they are like chalk and cheese.

Time for him to move on and stay with us for now where Oscar wants him to play progressive football and express himself, and not the ridged role that Gus wants him to play.

Another Prem Club, then it's a different story.

The players that you have named were hardly likely to get better contracts elsewhere when they were already at the top of their game. Much as I love Brighton it's only players like Kerry Mayo who turn down other clubs to stay here for their whole career.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tough call, if Gus had kept his dummy in his mouth and stayed I reckon he would have got the Spurs job that recently became available.

I much prefer OG's class as a person though I have to confess. Give it another year and I hope he'll be above Gus in the achievement stakes for the Albion

Gus made it quite clear he saw us as a fast track to better job, Oscar may think the same but fortunately he doesn't keep telling us about it.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Tough call, if Gus had kept his dummy in his mouth and stayed I reckon he would have got the Spurs job that recently became available.

I much prefer OG's class as a person though I have to confess. Give it another year and I hope he'll be above Gus in the achievement stakes for the Albion

Gus made it quite clear he saw us as a fast track to better job, Oscar may think the same but fortunately he doesn't keep telling us about it.

Hmmm - I hope OG tops GP's achievements by getting us promoted but I don't remember GP making the sort of comments you mention during his first half season at the Albion - I guess OG still has time ???

Taking off the rose tinted glasses how could any player select BHAFC in the Championship over playing in front of much larger crowds with Sunderland against much better opposition in the Premiership and to top it all a higher pay packet! - No way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm - I hope OG tops GP's achievements by getting us promoted but I don't remember GP making the sort of comments you mention during his first half season at the Albion - I guess OG still has time ???

Taking off the rose tinted glasses how could any player select BHAFC in the Championship over playing in front of much larger crowds with Sunderland against much better opposition in the Premiership and to top it all a higher pay packet! - No way.

Maybe but Gus was a complete rookie, Oscar isn't, so had to achieve something to tout himself, otherwise he'd have come across as a complete twerp

How about the idea that Barnes would be willing to DROP a division? Worrying, if true.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
GP will doubtless join that elite band of serial losers that always fall into a job without actually ever achieving very much. Must talk a REALLY good game at shortlist job interview stage, as opposed to sending out a side to play a really good game. Think Dave Jones, Mark Hughes, Big Sam, 'Umble 'Arry, Mr Blobby Bruce. Avram Grant FFS. Reckon its a Masonic thing meself. Struggling to come up with any other explanation.

He has achieved a lot already with Brighton. Rescuing us from the relegation zone within 5 months of starting. Achieving a record number of points, record number of weeks at top spot and third best ever win ratio for a Brighton manager, then our highest position for 30 years. Not bad for a manager who was going to be sacked by Boxing Day eh?
He's in the Prem in his second ever job and has now gone 5 games unbeaten. He may well keep Sunderland up, and then go onto a better job. He's still only in his 40s.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The players that you have named were hardly likely to get better contracts elsewhere when they were already at the top of their game. Much as I love Brighton it's only players like Kerry Mayo who turn down other clubs to stay here for their whole career.

I don't know, we have El Abd, Greer, Calde who will end their careers here and I would guess that Upson will be here to the end as well. All of them will probably play a big part in the academy and our future.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know, we have El Abd, Greer, Calde who will end their careers here and I would guess that Upson will be here to the end as well. All of them will probably play a big part in the academy and our future.

Greer Calde & Upson have come to us past their prime, that is well into their 30s. El-Abd is like Kerry Mayo insomuch that he's a local lad content to play at this level, but if we get promoted, then he would go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here