Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicksen

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's good to know that he has Upson next to him to guide through, I know Chicksen is not a kid but it must be reassuring for him having that sorry if experience to play with.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
23 is a bit young for a defender still. If we can get Ward on a 2 year deal that'll be about the right age for Chicksen.

HOWEVER, this is one game... Lets not all build him up because he will inevitably have a few bad games and be written off on here like so many other players.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
23 is a bit young for a defender still. If we can get Ward on a 2 year deal that'll be about the right age for Chicksen.

Someone better tell Southampton to sign some full backs to tide them over for the next SEVEN YEARS, until the 18 year olds Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers are ready.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Someone better tell Southampton to sign some full backs to tide them over for the next SEVEN YEARS, until the 18 year olds Luke Shaw and Callum Chambers are ready.

Obviously there are exceptions but if you look at MOST (not all) defenders they are late 20's early 30's as a rule.

Sometimes you do have exceptional players that are much better than their years (class of 92) but it's certainly not the norm for defenders to be playing regularly at a young age.

Same for goalkeepers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Obviously there are exceptions but if you look at MOST (not all) defenders they are late 20's early 30's as a rule.

Sometimes you do have exceptional players that are much better than their years (class of 92) but it's certainly not the norm for defenders to be playing regularly at a young age.

Same for goalkeepers.

Agree, playing at the back is normally for experienced players who have played further forward in their early career. Bridge didn't start in that position, nor Ward or Bruno either.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Glad the lad got a run out, He came here after playing a fair amount of 1st team football for MKD and he's had to wait patiently for his chance but I've seen no hint of a moan from him.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Glad the lad got a run out, He came here after playing a fair amount of 1st team football for MKD and he's had to wait patiently for his chance but I've seen no hint of a moan from him.
Yep. Attitude has always looked spot on from the times I've seen him for the u21s. Encouraging signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here