Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are the headmaster...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A-
Has changed the way the team plays within a few months to make us difficult to beat, and all this without his best 3 of his front 6 players. He's brought through two youngsters, who one now is a crowd favourite, and has even managed to shush most of the idiots on here by mixing patient and direct football.
He's learning the championship as he goes along and we're just 2 goals away from the play offs on an upward trend, only 9 points away from automatic promotion. The boy is a born winner, now he needs to keep his players happy enough to stay, and help add to the injury prone squad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Squad Handling - A-. Trusted the squad he inherited and used them well. Trusted the youngsters, who have responded well. Only niggle is not giving Solly a go yet. Handled the injuries excellently.
Media Handling - A+. Controversial comments - 0. Mentions of budget ceilings - 0. Blaming others when losing - 0. Just what the doctor ordered.

Overall: A. Cannot have hoped for a better start, having come into a club in turmoil. Head Boy material.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A-

When he joined, after the summer of problems we'd had, I would have been delighted with being 8th and level on points with 6th at the halfway point. Given the fact that we have had so many key players out for long periods, I can't believe how well he's done.

It's looking like it could be a very interesting second half of the season and even if we don't make the play offs this year, I'm confident in Oscar building us up for next season and bringing in some quality in the summer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
B+ Thoughtful boy who needs to participate more in class.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dear Sr and Sra Garcia,

Oscar is a thoroughly amiable chap. Despite the problems with his move to our academy, he quickly settled in and knuckled down without fuss.

He has worked exceedingly hard in trying circumstances and has established himself wholly and proven to be popular with both staff and pupils.

We look forward to his return next year and expect him to go from strength to strength.

Best wishes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Has been cheating in his English oral by getting one of his classmates to substitute for him, but his Geography is very good as he has had great results from his trips around the country. Overall a pleasant young man who should go far.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Dear Mr and Mrs Garcia,

Oscar has settled in well this term and although it was a tough start he has coped well so an A-. We are very hopeful he can achieve an A+ by the end of term so Keep up the good work.

Yours sincerely
Mr Banjo
Headmaster of the Championship.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Z - Has taken a team challenging for the top 2 and turned them into a mid table, inconsistent side at best. Too many people are looking at him with rose tinted SPECS instead of judging him by the FACTS. You don't get points for potential and having a GOATEE beard but beating TEAMS and at the moment this side with this MANAGER will end up in a lower mid table position at the end of the season. THINGS will only get worse when the likes of Bridcutt, Kucscak and Ulloa leave as a result and 10000 + FICKLE fans don't renew their season tickets

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
B+. Oscar is a quiet boy, but undoubtably has a flair for the subject. He needs to show more confidence and be more challenging, then I believe he could be top of the class.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Media Handling - A+. Controversial comments - 0. Mentions of budget ceilings - 0. Blaming others when losing - 0. Just what the doctor ordered.

This.....and what a relief it is after the preceeding twelve months :thumbsup:

His partnership with Jones also appears to be one where both have a voice, unlike his predecessor, hence one suspects why the likes of Ince etc have been given real opportunity.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Z - Has taken a team challenging for the top 2 and turned them into a mid table, inconsistent side at best. Too many people are looking at him with rose tinted SPECS instead of judging him by the FACTS. You don't get points for potential and having a GOATEE beard but beating TEAMS and at the moment this side with this MANAGER will end up in a lower mid table position at the end of the season. THINGS will only get worse when the likes of Bridcutt, Kucscak and Ulloa leave as a result and 10000 + FICKLE fans don't renew their season tickets

Quite good and this is apt:

Willet

Nov 13, 2012
Ferring
My view is C+
Steady start with some good away performances and some very poor midweek games, often frustrating at home.

Quite similar approach to Gus, but has shown a willingness to take last minute risks.

Has been affected with injuries and suspensions but has stuck with certain players when really he should have switched. There are 2/3 players which are not good enough at moment....

So next 3 games are key. If he manages to get us into playoff position, then he should get more money to buy a couple of decent players. If not, then he won't.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A much better pupil than that utter f**ktard we had to expel last year. The school is destined for better things as a result.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My view is C+
Steady start with some good away performances and some very poor midweek games, often frustrating at home.

Quite similar approach to Gus, but has shown a willingness to take last minute risks.

Has been affected with injuries and suspensions but has stuck with certain players when really he should have switched. There are 2/3 players which are not good enough at moment....

So next 3 games are key. If he manages to get us into playoff position, then he should get more money to buy a couple of decent players. If not, then he won't.

I know it's all about opinions but I would say that is pretty harsh. In my view, given the summer we had and the injuries to key players this season, Oscar has pulled off a minor miracle to get us in touch with the play offs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Geography................D, though some improvement now he has found Brighton.
History.....................A+, some fine work, esp @ Barcelona.
Science....................C, just satisfactory. Should cut out the lumping long balls.
Art...........................B, seems to have improved a little since some early untidy work.
English.....................C+, some evidence of solid knowledge. Must control that castillan accent.
Maths.......................D-, sometimes his selections don't add up.
PE............................A-,considered "fit" by some. Must learn to pace himself.

Form teacher's comment : a reasonable first term. Must improve to achieve the Premier goal, or remain in this class for another year.

Position in class : 68th..........or is it 67th ? I've lost count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here