Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schumaker ski injury

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Put him on the sledge and pull him down to the waiting ambulance. Would a helicopter turn up for mister average?

Yes. There's been a very good documentary on the Yorkshire Air Ambulance service and in the 30+ rescues I have seen, none of the victims were a household name.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would a helicopter turn up for mister average?

Yes, if the injury is serious enough. I have seen people air-lifted from the slopes numerous times. It's no big deal at a ski-resort and is covered by your insurance.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Put him on the sledge and pull him down to the waiting ambulance. Would a helicopter turn up for mister average?

Not watched the programme 'Helicopter Heroes' then? Where the injuries affect the head or the spine, air ambulances transport people from all walks of life to hospital.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Epic fail from Footsoldier!

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes. There's been a very good documentary on the Yorkshire Air Ambulance service and in the 30+ rescues I have seen, none of the victims were a household name.

Except ex Jockey , Racing UK presenter and Racing Post journalist , Tom O'Ryan.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
So stupid comments on here today! I'm not keen on his antics in a racing car but wishing him ill? Should be ashamed of yourselfs

Not wishing ill on anybody, just saying I don't care. I care more about people who can't get cancer drugs to prolong their life's and the NHS can't afford them while we send £12 billion abroad or homeless people, they're the people I care about.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not wishing ill on anybody, just saying I don't care. I care more about people who can't get cancer drugs to prolong their life's and the NHS can't afford them while we send £12 billion abroad or homeless people, they're the people I care about.

You don't sound very well informed on that particular issue, if you feel strongly why not start by doing some proper reading on the issue of state funding for clinical trials in the UK and then come back and comment?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You don't sound very well informed on that particular issue, if you feel strongly why not start by doing some proper reading on the issue of state funding for clinical trials in the UK and then come back and comment?

Feel so sorry for her and it goes on up and down the country.

[yt]FJntu9ZIWDs[/yt]

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Feel so sorry for her and it goes on up and down the country.

[yt]FJntu9ZIWDs[/yt]

As I say, you know absolutely **** all about the issue. We could have sent £0 abroad in foreign aid last year (and for many reasons that would be a bloody stupid thing to do) and this women STILL wouldn't have got the money for that drug because it is not a sensible way to spend that amount of money. Harsh but true.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
off piste,must of been terrible for his 14 year old lad

He is very lucky he is michael schumacher because the bill he will be facing for a helicopter pickup off piste will be astronomical.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Err yes, yes they do.

My sister [pretty much a nobody to the world at large] fell while skiing and smashed her pelvis. Paramedic sledge team first on scene radioed for the helicopter who flew her to hospital.

Same as in the UK, helicopters are used based on patient medical need, not on patient notoriety. To think otherwise is a tad stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here