Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Charlton away

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Brez - 5 - 3 shots on goal, 3 goals. Passenger for most of the game, couldn't do a great deal for 2 of them.

Bruno -5- Came off at HT, presumably because of his card. Looked fairly ordinary.
Upson -6- Pretty solid as usual, can't remember him doing much wrong.
El-Abd -5- Not his best game, picked up a yellow for dragging a man to the floor.
Ward -6- Got forward well, especially 2nd half.

Andrews -5- Wasn't overly impressed, would much rather see Bridcutt back in DM for Blackpool.
Bridcutt -6- Looked lightweight, but still made some decent tackles.
Crofts -6- Got forward pretty well, not much else.
Buckley -4- Rarely beat his man, and looked at sea on the left wing. Improved when Barnes came on.
Lopez -5- Don't remember him doing a great deal to be honest.

Ulloa -8- Felt sorry for the guy. 2 goals (albeit one poached from Barnes), and some great hold up play from the many, many, many long balls.

Calde -5
Barnes-6
Kemy-6

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Brez - 6 - Not a lot to do and not at fault for goals

Bruno -5-
Upson -6-
El-Abd -5-
Ward -5

Andrews -6 - ok
Bridcutt -7
Crofts -7
Buckley -4 NOT a left winger - improved when moved to the right. Either start him on the right or not at all.
Lopez -3 - Awful. Apart from one good game against Leicester been distinctly unimpressed this season. Would not have him in squad for Blackpool at all.

Ulloa -8- Looked a threat all game but needs more support

Calde -6
Barnes-8 - Made a real difference. The game changed when he came on.
Kemy-6

Oscar - 4 - Too negative at start. Buckley played out of position again (awful on left against Huddersfield - why persist with something that isn't working). Lopez left on far too long. Subs good but not soon enough. Where is the attacking football we were promised?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
just back from game
brez 5
back four all get 4
crofts and ulloa and barnes get 7
and bridcutt and andrews get 4

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I see people are starting to arrive back. Anyone got ratings?

Brez 7
Bruno 5
Upson 7
El-Abd 7
Ward 6
Bridcutt 6
Crofts 9 MOM
Andrews 5
Buckley 4
Ulloa 8
Lopez 5

Barnes 8
Agustein 7
Calderon 6

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Whisper is quietly but had Bridcutt been a bit, well, not very good since he came back? Maybe he's trying to drive down his fee before he goes to Sunderland!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I deliberately didn't start this thread as I was seething...... Slightly calmer now, though just seen the goals again!

Brez - 5 - no chance with goals, but no presence either
Bruno - 6 - ok first half
Ward - 4 - abysmal, poor decision making for first two goals
Upson - 7 - had to cover for all his defensive colleagues
AEA - 4 - not sure I've seen him play that badly for years. Probably since Micky Adams
Bridcutt - 6 - passing very poor, mainly due to pitch, but drifted wide too much, which was madness.
Andrews - 6 - poor start got stronger
Crofts - 9 - immense performance
Lopez - 6 - not great, but stronger than at start of season
Buckley - 5 - void of confidence, needs to start on right
Ulloa - 8 - glad he's back

Calderon - 4 - terrible at defending, roasted every time.
Barnes - 7 - made a difference
Kemy - 7 - see. Barnes

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Bridcutt hasn't had a great few last games. His passing has been not what it usually is.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Brez 6 - All he did today was pick the ball out the net three times and have one punch
Bruno 5 - Looks to have a good understanding with Lopez but as a defender poor today
Upson 7 - Always reads the game well.
El-Abd 6 - Good first half, poor second half, lucky to stay on the pitch
Ward 6 - Not his best game, struggled to link up with Buckley
Bridcutt 5 - Won a lot of tackles but his passing was poor. Short passes good as ever, anything over 10 yards woeful
Crofts 8 MOM - He was everywhere and anything positive came via him
Andrews 6 - Did ok worked hard and covered the back two well.
Buckley 5 - Played out of position, what has happened to his pace?
Ulloa 8 - Held the ball up well, good touches and scored, played his part, needs support.
Lopez 4 - One dimension, sticky pitch couldn't pass.

Barnes 8 - Make a big impact on the game, time Barnes and Ulloa to be a front two.
Agustein 5 - Little time to do anything.
Calderon 5 - Beaten easily by Charlton winger on more than one occasion.

Funny game didn't play bad but didn't play well, need to be more positive in the final third.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Brez - 6 (didn't make a save nor did he have a chance with any goal)
Ward - 2 at fault for first two goals, didn't link up at all with Buckley
El abd 6 - should have been sent off but handled kerm quite well whose a top player
Upson 7 - good game and decent distribution
Bruno 7 - was looking good, Calderon 3 - got ran ragged whole of half
Bridcutt 6 - played out of position
Crofts 9 - perfect display
Andrews 4.5 - did Bridcutts job badly often left us exposed
Buckley 2 - doesn't play like a footballer anymore
Lopez 5 - did ok but no pace to influence the game
Ulloa 7.5 - gave ball away for their equaliser and missed a sitter at 2-1, otherwise would have been a 9

Kemy 8 - our most gifted footballer
Barnes 7.5 - changed the game but may have just been the formation

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bridcutt hasn't had a great few last games. His passing has been not what it usually is.

Not comfortable as an attacking midfielder is my observation in the games I've seen, tends to give the ball away too much. He's very effective passing the ball sideways and backwards but I have my reservations about his ability to create things. Not going to be as big a loss as I expected the way he's playing at the moment.

Maybe he needs a bit more game time but I'm not sure he is suited to the way Oscar wants us to play.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We should/could have had all three points if we had pressed home our advantage when one up. And the pitch, although poor by today's standards, certainly wasn't a "mudbath" as some have suggested.

Brezovan 5. Although probably not at fault for any of the goals, Kuszczack is the better goalie and should have been back in goal as soon as fit. Hopefully will be for Saturday.
Bruno 7. Not up to Saturday's standards, but a decent performance.
El Abd 5. Did look to be a bit of a liability. Shown up for lack of speed. Would like to see Dunk given a game on Sat if Greer not fit.
Upson 8. Class player.
Ward 7. Not sure how much responsibility he takes for the first two goals, otherwise a decent enough game and supported the attack well in the 2nd half.
Bridcutt 6. Still nowhere near back to his best. Too many poor passes.
Andrews 7. Thought he did pretty well.
Crofts 8. Was everywhere. Great game. MOM.
Lopez 5. After an improvement on Saturday, he was back to his previous poor form of this season. Not sure why OG keeps picking him. Would prefer to see Lua Lua or March.
Buckley 5. Better than Saturday, but far from his best. One great opportunity to shoot when in front of goal in the 2nd half, but elected to pass.
Ulloa 7. Great to see him back. Well taken first goal, the second was really Barnes's. If he was fit enough for 90 mins today, why was he not given at least half an hour on Saturday? Could have given us the goal we needed.

Subs:
Calderon 6. Not the best I've seen him play.
Barnes 8. Did very well when he came on. Can we please see more of him and Ulloa together?
Agustein 7. Some nice touches if a tad slow.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks like it was only me who felt Brezovan should have saved the second goal if he stayed standing up rather than bending his knees forcing hi body down too low, haven't seen it again on tv yet though.

Crofts was outstanding, especially in the first half

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Looks like it was only me who felt Brezovan should have saved the second goal if he stayed standing up rather than bending his knees forcing hi body down too low, haven't seen it again on tv yet though.

Crofts was outstanding, especially in the first half

I only saw it on TV. I think his body is like that because he's preparing to get in position for a low shot and then had to change direction as the shot went high. Sometimes keepers have to gamble to get in a position to save a shot and if they have to change direction suddenly it makes them fall, or slip or struggle to get to what looks like an easy save, but isn't because of the changing direction.

theboybilly

Charlton's first to goals seemed similar to me and very soft with poor marking when the ball crossed the area to Wilson. Charlton for me were not even half decent given they were at home and Goldstone who suggested Brighton should have pressed home their early advantage (and far superior passing at the time) was correct. I'll also go along with Goldstone's award of 7 for Andrews who, for me was doing a lot of firedamping for the largely missing Bridcutt. No wonder he had to be subbed, knackered I imagine. He also got one terrific interception in early in the second half.
Albion lost that game, Charlton didn't win it. And that is so frustrating

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters (10 Votes)
Crofts 7.90
Ulloa 7.75
Upson 6.60
Bridcutt 5.70
Brezovan 5.60