Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from Charlton

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Though I liked the ground, I love visiting the old stadiums, its like going back in time walking through the turnstiles and into a sh!t hole, its brilliant, it feels like a real football game especially when your an away fan making a noise, especially when you are able to stand the whole game. Its nice heading back to The Amex though haha

The away end is pretty naff and presume turnstiles are throwback to original ground. But the new Valley was almost completely rebuilt in the 90/00s so to call it old and a shit hole is a bit harsh.

theboybilly

The away end is pretty naff and presume turnstiles are throwback to original ground. But the new Valley was almost completely rebuilt in the 90/00s so to call it old and a shit hole is a bit harsh.

No the turnstiles are not part of the old Valley. Even the rusty unused ones weren't there before the rebuild. I loved the old ground but I think the Jimmy Seed Stand (the away end) is not as good as the rest of the ground for room and facilities. The catering was horrid and expensive even by Amex standards as the fare was very poor (my cheap and nasty sausage roll and cuppa was roadside van standard but cost nearly a fiver) Many years ago I regularly used the terrace at that end of the ground when it was uncovered and it was a much nicer experience than yesterday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The pitch was poor but it wasn't what lost us the game.

Poor defending and sub-par performances from key individuals lost us the game. Also, credit where its due: Charlton played very well.

We need to get some pace and creativity back, we just look turgid at the moment.

We have to play every game as if it is a cup final , the opposition find the motivation when they are seen as the clear underdogs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The pitch was poor but it wasn't what lost us the game.

Poor defending and sub-par performances from key individuals lost us the game. Also, credit where its due: Charlton played very well.

We need to get some pace and creativity back, we just look turgid at the moment.

I agree and if you look at my opening post you'll see my thoughts but the pitch changed the way we played. This has also subsequently been pointed out by Andrews post match.

Charlton just pressured us, but I really didn't think they were that good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here