Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the best Part of your Christmas Dinner ?

Whats the best part of your Christmas Dinner ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but I did state Christmas Dinner, effectively a roast/pudding combo. I decided not to arraign various complicated sub-levels of a Christmas Feast. You may have noticed this in the lack of starters/ aperitif's and extensive post meal additions on the poll options.
Frankly if the 1,000 odd calories provided by your Christmas dinner is not enough and you require a cheese board, my schoolboy error was to fail to recognise you as Billy Bunter.

No starters, no cheese, no coffees at Christmas dinner, 1000 calories per head. Must be a fvcking riot round yours. Does everybody get a waffer thin mint at the end?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No starters, no cheese, no coffees at Christmas dinner, 1000 calories per head. Must be a fvcking riot round yours. Does everybody get a waffer thin mint at the end?

Oh dear, they say that literacy skills are falling and I'm afraid you have proved that correct. The poll was about Christmas dinner, not a days gastric abuse .I'm assuming that you have mis-read the initial post due to inebriation ? either that or you are Mr Creosote and have an ongoing gluttony problem ?
I would imagine the only riot at my place would occur if someone got between you and my fridge door.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear, they say that literacy skills are falling and I'm afraid you have proved that correct. The poll was about Christmas dinner, not a days gastric abuse .I'm assuming that you have mis-read the initial post due to inebriation ? either that or you are Mr Creosote and have an ongoing gluttony problem ?
I would imagine the only riot at my place would occur if someone got between you and my fridge door.

Really sorry I made a wrong assumption, was reading your thread and saw someone else mention cheese, I agreed with them. Ignore my thoughtless and selfish comments.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apology accepted and understood. Sorry I was over acerbic. Big hugs, It's Christmas.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
quesiton is really best part of roast dinner isnt it? at least in my family its only the presence of turkey, christmas pud and silly hats thats any different. as such, its the trimmings of yorkshires and sausage in bacon that makes a really good roast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
quesiton is really best part of roast dinner isnt it? at least in my family its only the presence of turkey, christmas pud and silly hats thats any different. as such, its the trimmings of yorkshires and sausage in bacon that makes a really good roast.

Ok you are pissed, so am I . Just pick the BEST part of a crimbo dinner.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok you are pissed, so am I . Just pick the BEST part of a crimbo dinner.

I believe beorhthelm was making light of the fact you put "whats" in he subject heading instead of "what's", making it a question asking if people think asking "what?" Is the best part of Christmas dinner. Though I would think that would be grammatically incorrect (surely such a question should be "whats - [are they] the best part of Christmas dinner?") so to try to make fun of one grammatical error by making your own would kinda undermine the point you're trying to make.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Put some Harvey's in it. Works a treat.

Thought they wanted to IMPROVE the gravy if so add red wine or port,rather than beer

Cider gravy with goose or pork. Red wine in beef gravy. White wine in chicken or turkey gravy. Made from scratch (no Bisto in my house). Beef stewed in beer is LUSH and Harvey's is very good beef stewing beer :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe beorhthelm was making light of the fact you put "whats" in he subject heading instead of "what's", making it a question asking if people think asking "what?" Is the best part of Christmas dinner. Though I would think that would be grammatically incorrect (surely such a question should be "whats - [are they] the best part of Christmas dinner?") so to try to make fun of one grammatical error by making your own would kinda undermine the point you're trying to make.

that's not really helped much.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sprouts because it enabled me to entertain the children by trying to light my farts.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Cider gravy with goose or pork. Red wine in beef gravy. White wine in chicken or turkey gravy. Made from scratch (no Bisto in my house). Beef stewed in beer is LUSH and Harvey's is very good beef stewing beer :thumbsup:

Every week. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here