Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ron Noades

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
RIP.....some brilliant banter with him, coppell and the brighton fans when we played some reserve side at the goldstone....they were there to see a player or two...but they were in the west stand and us in the standing bit below spotted him and much hilarious banter ensued.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Story goes that he drove into Selhurst in a Cortina and left in a Roller. Still he did well for Palace, Was a little outspoken at times but still RIP Uncle Ron.

Didn't he have something to do with the playoff system being introduced? Decent idea :cool:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Unlike many today, Ron Noades always came across as someone who had a genuine interest and affection for the game.RIP

He also had a particularly keen interest in football grounds according to many Brentford and palace fans.

Still RIP, certainly a character. Awful timing too, horrendous for the family.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
RIP Ron Noades

No comedy, no hatred, just wishes to his family and friends.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Mixed emotions from lots of Palace.
He certainly pulled us up from the duldrums, and gave us arguably our greatest ever period.
Lots of Palace couldn't forgive him for the amount of money he walked away with ( plus ownership of Selhurst) when he stitched up Goldberk.
Still, RIP Ron, I'm sure some of our songs might have to be adapted now !

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We have a lot to thank him for - if he hadn't tried to stitch us up over Pinamonte we would never have known about Zamora - and would probably have struggled a lot more than we did.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Regardless of what you think of a person-in this instance i have no real feelings either way,but i makes you realise how short time is.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Was one of those 'old school' characters that are rapidly disappearing from our beloved game.

RIP

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I remember Albion fans singing Ron Noades is a Paedophile at Brentford. when he was Brentford Manager years ago !!
Never did work that out !!!! RIP X

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here