Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls January Transfer Thread

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WHY are we getting a forward in on loan - a complete waste of money!, unless Barndoor is off??

CMS may not be fully match fit until February , Hoskins will be out injured for the rest of the season. What happens if Spanish Len gets injured again ? I think Barnesy will be sold if a relatively decent offer comes in.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Barnes to Sunderland.

There is no way Barnes is going anywhere unless someone offers silly money for him, which they won't.

Out - Bridders
In - Conway & Obika (think we'll need another striker as the news on CMS doesn't sound too promising for this season).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Barnes will be sold unless he signs a new deal.

Maybe we'll get the Barcelona B striker Oscar knows in on loan.

Suspect Maxi will go out on loan, and perhaps Dickenson loaned or sold.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
I can only see Conway coming in, any sensible player would wait till the summer to move to a premier league team, especially if the sides interested are bottom 3.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ings will be going to the prem so Burnley wl be back in for Barnes. Suspect he will go for around £750K.
Bridcutt will go for something in excess of £3m.

Conway on loan plus Obika plus a Spanish import either on loan or permanent

CMS wont be back until mid Feb at best so the Bridcutt/Barnes cash will go on another striker.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Let's hope that Oscar has got a Deulofeu lined up for January. If we don't lose any players in the window it may be difficult to get loans in if clubs want their players to have game time, if they consider how little we used Lita.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Barnes to Burnley - he goes for free in the summer unless he signs a new contract

Conway in
A. Nother. Striker to replace Barnes

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
OUT
Bridcutt
Potentially Buckley or Barnes if we get a good offer

IN
Conway
Elliot Bennett (loan) to get games after injury

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can't see Bridcutt going to another championship side (Sunderland) nor can I see Barnes going to a future mid table side (Burnley). In fact, just Conway back. If I'm wrong....oh well

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
personally, I will be really p*ssed off if we allow Lita to go back to Swansea for us to sign Obika from Spurs. Lita is a much better player and a proven goalscorer and I'd much rather see him with us than Obika.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Interesting. Has Barnes shown enough for us to offer him a good Championship salary ? If so we will offer and he will stay.

As to the rest well Bridders can go for £3million if Sunderland want to chance their arm. The fact there seems to be little other interest suggests that it would be a good deal for us.

Other than that there will be little movement.

As to Lita, well, there is a bit more to this than we know. I think we will find he ends up at a club rather lower than us. He will not be burning up the Premiership or the top end of the Championship for sure. He was an expensive insurance policy but he needs to move on. Oscar is a quiet thinker and knows his onions. Lita does not fit in here so goes. This will also be a message to all future loanees. You need to show commitment and do the business or else you go. I think Conway woke up to this and his performance improved no end as evidenced by the complete change of views on him here.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
I have been convinced that since the season started that we will do a fair amount of business in this window, Oscar wanted to see what he had first, now he know what he needs bingo

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Bridders will go but we are asking for no less than £5m and there is a possible foreign striker on the radar. Lita has already gone of his own accord and Hoskins more likely to return before CMS. All informed guesswork!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here