Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Brighton player you have seen play in each position?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who is the best Albion...

A) Goalie
B) Defender
C Midfielder
D) Striker

...that you have seen play live?

For me, would be Tomasz Kuszczak or Ben Roberts in goal; Matthew Upson in defence; Steve Sidwell, Vicente or Liam Bridcutt in midfield and either Glenn Murray or Bobby Zamora in attack.

You?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tomas in goal
Mark Lawrenson in defence
Vicente in midfield
Peter Ward up front.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Who is the best Albion...

A) Goalie
B) Defender
C Midfielder
D) Striker

...that you have seen play live?

For me, would be Tomasz Kuszczak or Ben Roberts in goal; Matthew Upson in defence; Steve Sidwell, Vicente or Liam Bridcutt in midfield and either Glenn Murray or Bobby Zamora in attack.

You?

Kuszczak
Lawrenson
Vicente or Horton
Bobby Smith

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Moseley
Lawrenson
Vicente
Ward

Worst would be Graeme Smith, Hoyte, Arismendi and Turienzo. Fu(k me what an awful team that would have been!!!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It was amazing. He played for England in June and then came to Brighton who were in the 4th division. He put 10000 on the gate and scored two goals on his debut. He scored 19 goals in 31 games.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was amazing. He played for England in June and then came to Brighton who were in the 4th division. He put 10000 on the gate and scored two goals on his debut. He scored 19 goals in 31 games.

Can't imagine a bigger signing in the Albion's history - or that sort of coup ever happening again in English football.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ah yes it must be time for the seasonal 'best team, best player etc' threads.

a) Kuszchak (with Roberts or Grummitt not far behind)
b) Lawrenson (ultimately untouchable but would acknowledge Stevens, Foster and Upson are up there)
c) Vicente (not entirely happy with this choice, largely based on his cameo performances, maybe a luxury player)
d) Ward (again there are a few rivals but his consistent ability to score so many goals from unlikely situations and that special 'x' factor clinches it)

Add a ball winning midfielder to the above and that would be a heck of a 5-a-side team.

Other nominees for the midfield: Horton, Wilson, Mortimer, Curbishley, Sidwell etc all great players and similar in style, but dare I suggest they are water carriers compared to Vicente

Other nominees in the Striker category: Beamish, Binney, Nelson, Nogan, Zamora.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We are in a pretty golden period of the Albion's history in terms of the quality of players.

The likes of Kuszczak, Upson, Vicente, Bridcutt, Ulloa etc are all probably up there in terms of the best players most of us have ever seen in the Albion team.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Keeper: Mark Beeney- was absolute different class in a weak team.

Defender: Steve Foster- twice a great captain and player

Midfielder: Vicente- simply the most gifted midfielder ever to wear the short

Striker: Zamora - no one else comes close.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
GK) Ben Roberts
Defender) Upson
Midfield) Vicente
Striker) Zamora

Gets me thinking who is the best player EVER to wear the stripes? Vicente for me but I'm of a younger generation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Keeper: Graham Moseley ( under rated keeper who was brilliant on his day)
Defender: Lawrenson ( Sheer class and no-one comes close to him IMHO)
Midfielder Three I am afraid! Vicente...just for the brief spell he had he was sublime, Dennis Mortimer - came from Villa and was so gifted and finally, Gotsmanov - He was just brilliant and brightened up a very dark period in our history
Striker Two strikers - Ward - Obviously, for me the best player I have ever seen wear a blue and white Brighton shirt and Secondly, Zamora who just brought utter joy to everyone who watched him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here