Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not looking forward to my commute tomorrow

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The funny thing is this was the weather front the 'Express' was predicting much to the ridicule of certain nsc members.

I think people are generally fed up with the express and it's 'worst November in 40 years' predictions and '100 days of snow' forecast. Talking about a specific event a few days before it happens is no big deal.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The funny thing is this was the weather front the 'Express' was predicting much to the ridicule of certain nsc members.

What, four months of snow?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think people are generally fed up with the express and it's 'worst November in 40 years' predictions and '100 days of snow' forecast. Talking about a specific event a few days before it happens is no big deal.

Yes, I agree with you they over exaggerate everything and too be honest I'm bloody glad we didn't have the snow but my point is this is what they meant.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Well not really, all they've done is predict crap weather for the last 2 months solid (almost every day in fact) during the season when we generally get crap weather, it stands to reason that once the inevitable crap weather turns up they then run a headline claiming credit for warning us. The express has consistently used blatantly made up forecasting from a source with no known qualifications in this field ( Jonathan Powell ), someone discredited by many professional meteorological experts. Powell immediately shut down his previous 'weather forecasting' agency when challenged about its accuracy and validity, he's a fraud plain and simple and someone clearly with some very close connections at the Express I.e Nathan Rao who is the idiot usually churning out the Express weather related doom mongering.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Ridiculous. The Express was predicting long term sub zero temperatures and corresponding blizzards for three months. Which has obviously not arrived even for a week. A particularly aggressive low pressure system can be spotted 3 or 4 days away from getting to the UK and is considerably easier to "predict " as er, it already exists ! The only doubts are about the exact ferocity.

So then, a big hat's off to The Express for that ? this from a rag that was confidently re-predicting a white Christmas on Saturday !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
tree down on Paddington to Reading line. I repeat tree down (between slough and maidenhead)

Think we're going to take a long run up and Von Ryan's express it through...let's be careful out there people. And is VRE on the telly box over Xmas anyone?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
tree down on Paddington to Reading line. I repeat tree down (between slough and maidenhead)

Think we're going to take a long run up and Von Ryan's express it through...let's be careful out there people. And is VRE on the telly box over Xmas anyone?

Don't do a VRE or there would then be a body on the line and that would shut the whole network down for 5 days.

P.S. I watched it about a month ago on some channel or other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here