Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I knew some idiots would mark Barnes ridiculously low because of his miss. He was one of our best players today, just didn't have the rub of the green in front of goal.

Loool. He was poor. "His miss" u say. Which one I say... You watched a very different game to me

- - - Updated - - -

I knew some idiots would mark Barnes ridiculously low because of his miss. He was one of our best players today, just didn't have the rub of the green in front of goal.

Loool. He wasn't great today "His miss" u say. Which one I say... You watched a very different game to me

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
For me ince bridcutt and kemy were immense best midfield display I have seen for a long time, only thing to let them down was the killer pass but maybe there was not enough movement up front ??

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Despite it was very awkward.. A chance three yards out with no keeper centrally in front is always more than a half chance.

Very debateable given the pace it was coming at him. I've seen Ulloa and CMS miss much worse than that, also I've seen Barnes miss easier 'half chances' ;-).

That said, the header was IMO a lot easier and to miss the target from that range, albeit at an angle was very poor.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Two bad misses and wasted the few good positions he got himself into. I honestly can't remember him doing anything positive of note.

You and Wallyback haven't got a clue about football, marking Buckley higher than Barnes. Absolutely clueless!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Very disappointing game. We were far too slow and pedestrian. Needed much more urgency in our game. A similar display to Barnsley. One shot on goal tells it all.

Brezovan 6. Did what he had to well enough, but flapped at one cross.
Bruno 8. Some lovely touches. Defending better than usual. One or two poor crosses.
El Abd 7. Strong game. One or two lovely passes.
Upson 7. Good game.
Ward 6. Would have liked to see him get forward a bit more.
Bridcutt 6. Still not at his best. Some poor passes and knocked off the ball a couple of times.
Ince 6. Great first half, not so consistent in the 2nd.
Agustein 7. Impressed with his overall performance. Presumably subbed due lack of match fitness. Great header for our only shot on target.
Lopez 7. Set pieces delivery more consistent than usual. Pretty good game.
Buckley 3. Worst performance in an Albion shirt. Unwilling to shoot when opportunities presented. Knocked off the ball far too easily. Couldn't beat his man. Should have been subbed far far earlier. Didn't see enough of the ball in the 1st half.
Barnes 5. Worked hard for most of the game, but too many missed chances. The one over the bar he probably couldn't react quickly enough to. The one he blasted into the crowd from the wing late in the 2nd half was awful.

Subs:
Lua Lua 7. At least he tried to make things happen. Should have come on much earlier.
Ulloa. No chance to make an impact. Should have come on earlier.

Manager 4. He should have brought Buckley off at half time and given Ulloa at least 30 mins to try and grab us a goal.

I'll go along with everything here, only with Bruno getting a 9 and Ince a 5. Thought Hudds defended very well to give them their dues.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Very debateable given the pace it was coming at him. I've seen Ulloa and CMS miss much worse than that, also I've seen Barnes miss easier 'half chances' ;-).

That said, the header was IMO a lot easier and to miss the target from that range, albeit at an angle was very poor.

I'm not arguing it was easy... It was a difficult chance. However with no keeper I just can't describe it as a half chance.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
it was a slightly below average performance today
6 is an average score
so for most players a 5 or a 6
Buckley was very poor today lucky to get a 3
Lua Lua much fancied as an impact player but on this years form deserves to start ahead of Buckley
Bruno's skill was exceptional at times a 9 for me

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Speroni - 4 made some good saves towards the end but was shaky for most of the game
Mariappa 2 - Awful why did we spend 2m on a player who doesn't have any good attributes about him? Poor in the air and not strong at all which you would expect at least from a CB playing at RB
Delaney 3 - Not good
Gabbidon 6 - Only defender who come away saying they played quite well
Moxey 2 - They had like 50 crosses coming down his side in the first half. He is the weak link and teams exposes him every week and I'm getting fed up with it

Jedinak 3 - Very slow to react and passing was so bad
Ward 3 - Tried his best but got exposed. Tony Pulis needs to take the blame for this
Puncheon 0 - It really has come to the stage where he is looking useless every week and the one week he doesn't look useless and still plays quite bad people say he is playing well and deserves to start again. He just left Moxey to get exposed today and only decided to walk back to defend. I can't stand his lack of effort.
Bannan 3 - Poor today
Chamakh 4 - Worked hard and pressed but whats the ******* point when the others behind you can't be arsed to break a sweat?
Jerome 3 - Poor finish to get us back in the game

Bolasie 2 - Out of his depth in the PL. He has the pace and skill which you want from your winger but he has no brain

Copied and paster from BBS

Nice to see a well balanced and objective view from Palarse. :ffsparr:Would we be the same if we got promoted and were getting hammered like they were yesterday?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Loool. He was poor. "His miss" u say. Which one I say... You watched a very different game to me

- - - Updated - - -

Loool. He wasn't great today "His miss" u say. Which one I say... You watched a very different game to me

Evidently. I also don't purely focus on the negative aspects of his game yesterday.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 6 (Very little to do, can't really mark him any higher on that basis)

Bruno 8 (Not his biggest fan but MOM without a doubt yesterday)
El-Abd 6
Upson 6
Ward 6

Bridcutt 6
Ince 6
Agustien 7 (Some silly low marks from people, he played well in my opinion, too well for some of his team mates)
Lopez 5 (Absolute tart constantly bottling tackles)
Buckley 4 (Very poor, not much else to say)

Barnes 3 (At the end of the day, his poor finishing cost us the win regardless of what else he may have done, no excuses)

Subs:
LuaLua 6 (Bright and lively, added spark)
Ulloa 5 (Didn't really get involved)

Can't wait to see the two above back in the starting line up soon.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I thought Lopez had a poor game, he looked cold out there!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Barnes gets paid to score goals, he didn't even hit the target with his knee and the header..he didn't do his job; OP score of 3 is justified

Then presumably this logic will be applied to Ulloa and CMS when they start games and don't score.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
Can't see what Barnes problem is,if he really was crap at this level then he wouldn't get in the positions to miss,he can lose his marker,make the runs and all the rest,people say he's no good at this level but to get in the areas to miss must mean there is something good about him,to take and score a chance in league one or two means you have to be there for the chance,I think it's pressure and still not found the right attacking partner for him

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Brez 7
Bruno 8
El-Abd 7
Upson 7
Ward 7
Bridcutt 7
Ince 7
Agustien 7
Lopez 7
Buckley 6
Barnes 7

Subs:

Lua Lua 6
Ulloa - 6
Seems you were watching the same game as me, we played very well for most of the game and apart from a few missed half chances should really have won. I felt that when we did finally get past the back line their game plan included taking our players down illegally which happened numerous times, oh well that's the championship for you !!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Crowd rating 1 atmosphere sounded crap.
May have sounded that way to you but believe me the crowd were quite noisy at times and supportive of our team and only a goal was missing, If we had managed to score i think the noise level would have been a match for any game this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here