A point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 150 92.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. Barnes was unlucky today but he still managed - sometimes single handedly - to get himself into goal scoring opportunities, he just didn't get the rub of the green. Another day he would have had a brace easily.

I agree. Nobody was more frustrated than Barnes himself, & they weren't exactly sitters.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Double post

Are you sure? It's the only post from you I can see in this thread!

2 points dropped in my opinion. Huddersfield were never going to score and we should have.

Bruno was awesome today. When he left their number 3 grovelling on the floor like a little kid was my moment of the match.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Whilst it was two points dropped, on reflection, to have come away with four points from the last two games isn't a total disaster

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
2 dropped without a doubt. Very disappointed with a draw today. Lets face it, we pissed all over them, but couldn't get the ball in the old onion bag. Still, onwards and upwards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasted some really good promising situations with wayward shooting, particularly in the first half. I know its great if its popped in the top corner from 30 yards, but we really let them off the hook on several occasions. I guess with the greasy conditions a shoot-on-sight policy was the intention, but it had me pulling my hair out at times.

Definitely two dropped, but I'm not too despondent as overall we played well. Buckley is worrying me though. I can barely recall a decent ball into the box from him, weak in possession and sluggish. I know he's just coming back from another injury, but he looks a shadow of the player he was a year ago. Wish KLL had started istead of him.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Leo seemed fitter than Will to me. I'd like to see us START with the A Team, instead of for just for the last few minutes. Hope we aren't looking back in May cursing silly dropped points. On the upside Gus is more pizzed off than we are, as are our friends up the road :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Whilst it was two points dropped, on reflection, to have come away with four points from the last two games isn't a total disaster

Well yes, but in reality it's four points from 3 games. ???

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Two points lost IMO, Buckley was misfiring all game and Barnes should've done better with his chances. That said, Huddersfield defended really well, especially against set pieces and were dangerous on the counter, particularly Vaughan. Ulloa should've come on earlier but maybe OG is trying to resist the temptation to overplay him before he's fully fit. Bronco MoM without a shadow of a doubt and KA v good but was tiring. Oh, and Bridcutt was being played too far forward, he should revert back to the game he was playing last year and Ince should play further forward.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fully agree with you Mark, The north stand is still singing but God knows what has happened to the rest of the ground it's like a library this season.

Except Mark also thinks the 'atmosphere' in the North Stand was 'crap' too.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Clearly we would have liked three points but sometimes one can dominate but not score that vital first goal. There is a need to be positive and look forward to the next game. Looking at the results elsewhere there have been a fair amount of draws. We can win away....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lottery weather-wise, but Ashley Barnes had a rare stinker, OK the one off his chest he knew little about, but the misplaced free header and the sliced crap shot while not under pressure were misses of his own making, as his body language straight after suggested he was fully aware of how badly he did. Oh well, everybody has an off-day. Onwards and upwards.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Clearly we would have liked three points but sometimes one can dominate but not score that vital first goal. There is a need to be positive and look forward to the next game. Looking at the results elsewhere there have been a fair amount of draws. We can win away....

Exactly...wonder what Leeds fans think about drawing at home...or Reading losing at home....sometimes it just doesn't go your way ..the travesty would have been if they had broken away and nicked it

- - - Updated - - -

Lottery weather-wise, but Ashley Barnes had a rare stinker, OK the one off his chest he knew little about, but the misplaced free header and the sliced crap shot while not under pressure were misses of his own making, as his body language straight after suggested he was fully aware of how badly he did. Oh well, everybody has an off-day. Onwards and upwards.

And still gave it 100%

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't think it was one of those games where we 'definitely should have won' (like, for example, Bolton last season). They are a half-decent side and conditions were difficult. We were obviously the better team but had problems breaking them down. Their keeper only had to make one good save.

Didn't come away too disappointed with the draw, so not sure whether that means it was a point gained or lost...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here