Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This saturday I'll be at Kovak's single launch party at the Hope. If anyone wants to have a fun night out I thoroughly recommend. Bright, shiny and slightly quirky electro-pop designed to make sure everyone has a good time.

In contrast to that Rise Against at Brixton on the following Monday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got my Friday Drill ticket from Resident on the way to the football yesterday. There was a worryingly large number of tickets remaining in the pile considering its less than a month away. Could do with some more venue details and timings.

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
Despite my slight reservations around the new Caribou record, they were immense live.

I couldn't agree more, the record hasn't quite got there yet for me apart from the tracks I'd already heard but their live set blew me away last night.

Looking forward to Drill, possibly just for the opportunity to see BSP. I reinvested the Jabberwocky refund in the tickets so anything other than a cancellation will be a bonus. Although Jon Hopkins gets in the way on Thursday as someone pointed out on here, under £15 a night for what looks like a good selection of bands is pretty good value.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I couldn't agree more, the record hasn't quite got there yet for me apart from the tracks I'd already heard but their live set blew me away last night.

Looking forward to Drill, possibly just for the opportunity to see BSP. I reinvested the Jabberwocky refund in the tickets so anything other than a cancellation will be a bonus. Although Jon Hopkins gets in the way on Thursday as someone pointed out on here, under £15 a night for what looks like a good selection of bands is pretty good value.

It was the BSP inclusion that encouraged me to get a ticket but overall its a very strong line up indeed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to have another go at FKA Twigs in May and also bagged some tickets for Ariel Pink.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kraftwerk have just announced a further round of Katalog shows in Berlin and Copenhagen early next year. I've already got tickets for Radioactivity in Amsterdam so I'm going to try and supplement this with a few local shows I think.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tamikrest was one of the gigs of the year at the Concorde last Friday. Utterly joyous

Trans Am/ Gum Takes Tooth and AK/DK was a fabulous bill last night. Gum Takes Tooth are ones to watch, they were new to me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tamikrest was one of the gigs of the year at the Concorde last Friday. Utterly joyous

Trans Am/ Gum Takes Tooth and AK/DK was a fabulous bill last night. Gum Takes Tooth are ones to watch, they were new to me.

Despite your recommendation I did not get along to this.
I have seen AK/DK and they outplayed Factory Floor when supporting them earlier on in the year.
Must be an excuse for this gem

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just found out The Jesus And Mary Chain are playing at The Dome on 23rd Feb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jessy Lanza - Caribou - Four Tet - Carl Craig at The Warehouse Project for me this evening.

You mentioned Caribou, what about the rest of the night?

Ps I can get why there are slight reservations about the new Caribou album but it must sound great live? Personally, I really like it but I think a lot of it is to do with the various little nods to the last two decades of dance music.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You mentioned Caribou, what about the rest of the night?

Ps I can get why there are slight reservations about the new Caribou album but it must sound great live? Personally, I really like it but I think a lot of it is to do with the various little nods to the last two decades of dance music.

Jessy Lanza was brilliant (I love her album she did on Hyperdub last year) but it was the wrong night and the wrong crowd for her. I thought she sucked the life out of an audience that just wanted to get off their faces and have a dance.

Four Tet was a bit to clever for his own good I thought, too much genre hopping, didn't play many of his own productions (which is fair enough but I personally would have prefered more) - however- he did drop Atlas by Battles which was the moment of the night. Carl Craig was immense.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Jesus & Mary Chain at the Dome in Feb next year.

Would love to go, but really not sure I can justify the £27 charge. Hopefully they'll be at Primavera.

Quite interested in The Decemberists at the Dome - loved the crane wife and haven't heard much about them since. Have they gone shit?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Saw Kate Tempest last night at the Haunt, she was great. The hype well and truly justified, tempted to go the Concorde gig in feb now.

As an aside, I am double booked for the Godflesh gig in December if anyone wants my ticket, DM me and I can reallocate on wegottickets. No charge, would just like it to be used.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw Kate Tempest last night at the Haunt, she was great. The hype well and truly justified, tempted to go the Concorde gig in feb now.

As an aside, I am double booked for the Godflesh gig in December if anyone wants my ticket, DM me and I can reallocate on wegottickets. No charge, would just like it to be used.

Are you enjoying the new Godflesh album? I'm absolutely loving it. I'm really looking forward to the gig, slightly tempered by a mate who told me they were "boring" at Supersonic a few years back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here