Page 5 of 353 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Re: Live Music 2014

0 Not allowed!
    C2C on the 15th/16th of March at the o2.

15th: Dierks Bentley, Martina McBride, Dixie Chicks, Zac Brown Band

16th: Chris Young, The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley

Can't wait.
    REMF Quiz Champion 2016
    NSC World XI Draft League Champion 2014

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Arcade Fire in London, Arctic Monkeys in London and John Grant, on my birthday in Bexhill (wherever that may be ;)) booked for 2014 so far.

Jam Tarts tonight, at The Horse & Groom were lovely.
      Milkman's Son. JamesAndTheGiantHead's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Pixies (+ others) at Field Day in Victoria Park.

Can't decide whether I can justify paying Neil Young prices (not sure of his music) to see The National, who I saw a month ago. Will see how the lineup unfolds.

0 Not allowed!
      I've got tickets for Gary Barlow at The O2, and I'm hoping to find a way of getting some for James Blunt at the Royal Albert Hall. Can't wait!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesAndTheGiantHead View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Can't decide whether I can justify paying Neil Young prices (not sure of his music) to see The National, who I saw a month ago. Will see how the lineup unfolds.
      I can't see much big being added to that day's line up. The National and Neil Young are a pretty amazing double header. For what it's worth, the current Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour is ****ing incredible. Saw them at O2 and was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. How that will translate to a mid-London festival crowd is up for debate, but then that applies to The National too.

0 Not allowed!
      Just added Polica to my list. March is looking good with Midlake, John Grant and Toy all in the space of 5 days.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Just bought some tickets to see John Grant in Berghain. Very odd choice of venue but it will be good.
      He's amazing live, great voice, humour and real presence and charisma: enjoy.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      He's amazing live, great voice, humour and real presence and charisma: enjoy.
      Totally agree, and he seems to be an artist which most NSCers agree on.

I have seen him before but the downside of seeing him in Berlin is that he interacts with the audience in German (he is fluent) and my German is not up to much at the moment. That said a couple of old queens I was sat next to translated the funnier moments for me last time. I saw him in a little theatre last time....he is playing a derelict power station more used to panel beating techno this time around.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Grumbling Fur were one of the best things I've seen live all year last night. So, so, so much better than I expected (and expectations were pretty high.) Some great support as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesAndTheGiantHead View Post

If you're evening considering just going for the National, go. Neil Young will be excellent live.