Sun Ra
    Blanck Mass
    Part Chimp
    Sex Swing/Sweet Williams
    Thurston Moore Group
    Thee Oh Sees
    Kraftwerk
    Green Man Festival

might do Comet is Coming, and Zu too (and bump into @redoutable seagull)
    Oh yes, Sun Ra, Thee Oh Sees, possibly Comet is Coming, Saturday's Love Supreme (Herbie H and BadBadGood), Dinosaur (Not Jr! Jazz lunch time gig in Brighton) followed by Swans in London. Blimey, busy busy.

Sadly I've doubled booked myself for Zu in Brighton and not sure I can make it to the Green Door as I'm going to the ICC final at the Oval. So I'm seeing Zu in London.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      A enjoyable evening was had in the cafe bar of Bexhill De La Warr last night watching Alexis Taylorand his piano based stylings. Mixture of Hot Chip, his solo, Prince and various other bits and bobs plus a few requests at the end, finishing with Dancing in the Dark (though he was going to play an R Kelly track, the crowd demanded Dancing in the Dark annoyingly). Few technical issues here and there as he was playing with a different set up due to a lack of a regular piano but really good nonetheless. A talented and humble musician who knows his shit.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Enjoyed HMHB on Friday night. Rather strange venue for them- too large which made the crowd seem sparse and sound not the best. Began with Bob Wilson and then a string of well known tunes- all the expected stuff. Encore with cover version of Take The Skinheads Bowling and Trumpton. Bought myself a themed lighter- even though I have no need for it!
      "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
      And it's spreading like pneumonia.
      Doesn't look like going down"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CorgiRegisteredFriend View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Enjoyed HMHB on Friday night. Rather strange venue for them- too large which made the crowd seem sparse and sound not the best. Began with Bob Wilson and then a string of well known tunes- all the expected stuff. Encore with cover version of Take The Skinheads Bowling and Trumpton. Bought myself a themed lighter- even though I have no need for it!
      I enjoyed the gig - I said to my mate that there few gigs you go to where you end up with a silly grin on your face because of the songs (or bad jokes from Nigel). It did seem about five or six songs short compared to a normal HMHB gig. Also, would have preferred it if they hadn't binned Chatteris for Improv Workshop Mimeshow Gobshite. Long time since I have been to an HMHB gig without either Chatteris or 24 Hour Garage People in the set.

Not a bad crowd but think it would have been better if Oxford wasn't the next night as many London or Southampton based fans will have gone there so probably diluted the hardcore fan base.

Bit of a change for me next with Ghost at the Dome in a couple of weeks time. Expecting a very different show!
      Shes the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like Im just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by thedonkeycentrehalf View Post
      I enjoyed the gig - I said to my mate that there few gigs you go to where you end up with a silly grin on your face because of the songs (or bad jokes from Nigel). It did seem about five or six songs short compared to a normal HMHB gig. Also, would have preferred it if they hadn't binned Chatteris for Improv Workshop Mimeshow Gobshite. Long time since I have been to an HMHB gig without either Chatteris or 24 Hour Garage People in the set.

Not a bad crowd but think it would have been better if Oxford wasn't the next night as many London or Southampton based fans will have gone there so probably diluted the hardcore fan base.

Bit of a change for me next with Ghost at the Dome in a couple of weeks time. Expecting a very different show!
      Did miss 24 Hour Garage too amongst others and agree with you on the early finish at only just past 10. An enjoyable evening though.
      A bit of a blog here- nothing to do with me. https://0902friends2017ontheroad.wor...e-double-gigs/
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Lucky enough to see Goldfrapp's first gig since god was a boy at the O2 in Oxford last night. Absolutely excellent - back to the electro sound of Supernature - new stuff from the album coming out later this month sounded good but the classics towards the end of the set and in the encore were stunning. She's got some voice that girl!
      52 North

0 Not allowed!
      Really surprised Sean Kuti hasn't sold the Concorde out tonight. Didn't he do The Dome last time he was in town?

Tickets still for sale so I assume they'll be some on the door.

0 Not allowed!
      Bought myself a themed lighter- even though I have no need for it!
      I fell for that one last time I saw them. Merchandise expertly designed to catch the eye of pissed people on their way out of the venue.
      A friendless man skulking around West Upper with a lukewarm pint of Foster's

http://attheendofthedaydes.blogspot.co.uk/

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      I fell for that one last time I saw them. Merchandise expertly designed to catch the eye of pissed people on their way out of the venue.
      With two quid left from fifty.

0 Not allowed!
      With two quid left from fifty.
      Exactly. When a t-shirt looks tempting but you're already gonna wake up wondering where all your hard-earned went.
      A friendless man skulking around West Upper with a lukewarm pint of Foster's

http://attheendofthedaydes.blogspot.co.uk/