Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, it is incomprehensible really. I think this is going to get very messy.

Thank God Glastonbury think more carefully about who they partner up with!
Although I do question their association with that cider bus. I have never ever been quite the same after a day on that stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to see Khanate on Tuesday night. I have to say it was one of the most brutal, intense and loud shows I have been to in a long time. Clip below give you an insight but live it is something else. Crowd was a strange mix of people, different ages, metallers, hipsters, ordinary boring looking folk. I was stood in the second row, intense.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Went to see the delightful Rianne Downey at the Hope & Ruin Tuesday. A simply wonderful performer with a hell of a country voice.

Next up will be Brighton's own dystopian post-metal sensations Tribe of Ghosts at the Green Door on May 4th.

I'm not doing the Great Escape this year but was unaware of the boycott, a very interesting story. This will only be the second TGE that I have missed since its inception but it's purely a burn out decision. I fancy doing some more Brighton Festival stuff this year just to change things up for me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Went to see the delightful Rianne Downey at the Hope & Ruin Tuesday. A simply wonderful performer with a hell of a country voice.

Next up will be Brighton's own dystopian post-metal sensations Tribe of Ghosts at the Green Door on May 4th.

I'm not doing the Great Escape this year but was unaware of the boycott, a very interesting story. This will only be the second TGE that I have missed since its inception but it's purely a burn out decision. I fancy doing some more Brighton Festival stuff this year just to change things up for me.
Funnily enough this will be also be the second year I wont be going to The Great Escape. I know its a new music thing but in the past you would get a few known acts thrown into the mix and some really decent looking Dome shows. Not any more, and for the asking price of £100 you could go to 5 maybe 6 gigs wiht full sets and entry guaranteed.
Next up for me is Personal Trainer and Pom Poko tomorrow.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Got given a ticket for 86tvs at the Conc 2 on Monday...

Getting on a bit, ive never heard of them...

Anyone on here got any idea ? I appreciate google etc but don't fancy YouTube with some live footage off a phone yuk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just had a look at the surviving line up for The Great Escape and the only act that I've heard of is 'King Hannah'.

Like them a lot, got the album. I'd happily go and see them in their own right, as long as I could sit down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here