Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Live Music 2014

C2C on the 15th/16th of March at the o2.

15th: Dierks Bentley, Martina McBride, Dixie Chicks, Zac Brown Band

16th: Chris Young, The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley

Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Arcade Fire in London, Arctic Monkeys in London and John Grant, on my birthday in Bexhill (wherever that may be ;)) booked for 2014 so far.

Jam Tarts tonight, at The Horse & Groom were lovely.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Pixies (+ others) at Field Day in Victoria Park.

Can't decide whether I can justify paying Neil Young prices (not sure of his music) to see The National, who I saw a month ago. Will see how the lineup unfolds.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Pixies (+ others) at Field Day in Victoria Park.

Can't decide whether I can justify paying Neil Young prices (not sure of his music) to see The National, who I saw a month ago. Will see how the lineup unfolds.

I can't see much big being added to that day's line up. The National and Neil Young are a pretty amazing double header. For what it's worth, the current Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour is ****ing incredible. Saw them at O2 and was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. How that will translate to a mid-London festival crowd is up for debate, but then that applies to The National too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just added Polica to my list. March is looking good with Midlake, John Grant and Toy all in the space of 5 days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's amazing live, great voice, humour and real presence and charisma: enjoy.

Totally agree, and he seems to be an artist which most NSCers agree on.

I have seen him before but the downside of seeing him in Berlin is that he interacts with the audience in German (he is fluent) and my German is not up to much at the moment. That said a couple of old queens I was sat next to translated the funnier moments for me last time. I saw him in a little theatre last time....he is playing a derelict power station more used to panel beating techno this time around.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Grumbling Fur were one of the best things I've seen live all year last night. So, so, so much better than I expected (and expectations were pretty high.) Some great support as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grumbling Fur were one of the best things I've seen live all year last night. So, so, so much better than I expected (and expectations were pretty high.) Some great support as well.

I have just noticed they're playing here on Jan 30th. Think I will go.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Wedding Present at Tunbridge Wells 23 rd May. Less than an hours drive away!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Brighton based, SHC approved, primitive, shoegazers Sealings https://www.facebook.com/events/236855619815810/?ref=22 tomorrow night & Green Door Store's 3rd birthday party Friday https://www.facebook.com/events/1438905289654271/. a diverse bill including local garage rock sensation Theo Verney & hotly tipped electro singstress Yumi & The Weather.

Both free, both at Green Door Store this week for those that are missing their fix!

3 years of Green Store- that has gone quick. Hope your show went well today- is there a 'catch up' link available?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Old fart so
ELBOW at the 02 April
My concert going habits have slipped since the days of the Alhambra,the Western Bar and the Norfolk. with big days out at the Dome,Reading Festival and Knebworth,In recent times I have a live show sandwich of Elbow at the 02.Roger Waters the Wall at Wembley then Elbow again in april

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
A bit different to all the others on here but Pure Science in Folkestone 1/2 with some big names including Andy C!

May try and check out this John Grant gig in Bexhill just found a couple of bits from his Jools Holland show.

Will probably also go to the Love Supreme Jazz festival at Glynde Place (Lewes) as a few friends went last year and said it was a very good weekend which Jools Holland headlined on one of the days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here