Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yard Act address reports of harassment at London show: “Keep yourself in check”
https://www.nme.com/news/music/yard...at-london-show-keep-yourself-in-check-3164950

"We attract a fair number of the old boys, probably because we sound like bands from the past. Old boys, you are welcome still, but things that might have been tolerated back then won’t be tolerated now and you absolutely have to learn to police yourselves with this."

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Bagged myself tickets for Nine Inch Nails at the Eden Project in June. Bit of a ballache to get to but should be worth it. No idea what it's like as a music venue- anyone been to a concert there?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Saw Wolf Alice at the Hammersmith Apollo on Friday despite the storm chaos, utterly fantastic artists, who musically were so on point, played some fantastic tunes, in a great setlist. Got some decent ones up in the next few weeks, with Sprints next monday and Enola Gay at the beginning of next month. Both should be lively.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Resident taking pre orders for new Porridge Radio long player which includes an instore on 25th May.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Anyone else seeing Bodega at any of their 3 Prince Albert Perfromances over the weekend, looking forward to the new album.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
For those of on the East side if the county, noise-mongers Gnod play the Piper Club in St Leonard’s/Hastings on Fri 6 May.
Anyone know anything about this venue?
Looking at their listings they’ve had some interesting bands.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
For those of on the East side if the county, noise-mongers Gnod play the Piper Club in St Leonard’s/Hastings on Fri 6 May.
Anyone know anything about this venue?
Looking at their listings they’ve had some interesting bands.

Yes, I went there just before lockdown in March 2020 to see Sea Power. It's a really good pub, good craft beers and atmosphere, and upstairs there is a small gig space, a bit like The Albert.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Looking forward to PIL at Chalk live in the summer and Sam Fender in London!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Still haven't seen GNOD and, as much as I fancy being subjected to their aural assault, it won't be done for me in Hastings.
I've been a bit thrown by Resident stopping ticket sales, which meant that I missed out on Imarhan at GDS on Saturday, which was a bad, bad miss.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Still haven't seen GNOD and, as much as I fancy being subjected to their aural assault, it won't be done for me in Hastings.
I've been a bit thrown by Resident stopping ticket sales, which meant that I missed out on Imarhan at GDS on Saturday, which was a bad, bad miss.

Have you got the DICE app on your phone? It's excellent at flagging up most of what is going on, and easy to use to buy tickets.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As I enjoy his first album again it would be remiss not to mention how enjoyable Orlando Weeks was at the Conky on Saturday. It can only have been half full in there but he created quite the atmosphere and the performance deserved a sell out.

His tour is finished now but highly recommend catching him if you can.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After a spate of tour cancellations my gigging resumes on Monday with front row seats for Rufus Wainwright. Here's the rest

Dry Cleaning

Floating Points

The Smile

Shellac

Yves Tumor

Oh Sees

Fatboy Slim

Jon Hopkins

Probably go and see Jenny Hval as well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After a spate of tour cancellations my gigging resumes on Monday with front row seats for Rufus Wainwright. Here's the rest

Dry Cleaning

Floating Points

The Smile

Shellac

Yves Tumor

Oh Sees

Fatboy Slim

Jon Hopkins

That’s a pretty extensive and varied list- good to be gigging properly once more.
Ive seen Dry Cleaning a couple of times recently. Once supporting Sleaford Mods and then as headliners at C2. They played a fair bit from their two e.p s as well as album tracks. Im sure you’ll enjoy it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Dry Cleaning -- saw them at EotR, the boy really didn't like them, and I got bored of them pretty quick too -- the album falls away for me too

Floating Points -- jealous, enjoy

The Smile -- menotknow

Shellac -- one of my fave live bands, so thanks for raising this. They're playing London, doubt I'll make it up there. Surprised they're not playing Brighton, because they've only just discovered us, and absolutely loved the place

Yves Tumor -- bonkers, enjoy

Oh Sees -- that reminds me, I think I'm due to see them on a 3/5/7x postponed ticket

Fatboy Slim

Jon Hopkins -- jealous, enjoy

We missed out on Imarhan the other night, largely because got too much going on at the mo (in part explained by another thread I started). That is a cracking list. Some comments above.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We missed out on Imarhan the other night, largely because got too much going on at the mo (in part explained by another thread I started). That is a cracking list. Some comments above.

Thanks for the comments. I’m really really looking forward to getting back into all of this. Whilst I know who Shellac are I have never listened to them until recently. I went backwards from BCNR to Slint and then onto Shellac…and wow.

As for The Smile….I think you might know them…..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smile_(band)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here