Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Hope so. Last time they played at Sticky Mikes and I did not see the band at all due to the low stage. They sounded good though but ultimately disappointing as the lead singer is pretty captivating and worthy of attention.

That was my problem with that gig, sounded great saw sod all.

I can't see them this time as I'll still be in Barca experiencing the city/ recovering from Primavera. Even if I was here I'd probably plump for Swans/ Jenny Hval that night. It's an outrageously horrible clash that one, 2 of the best live bands in the world on the same night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That was my problem with that gig, sounded great saw sod all.

I can't see them this time as I'll still be in Barca experiencing the city/ recovering from Primavera. Even if I was here I'd probably plump for Swans/ Jenny Hval that night. It's an outrageously horrible clash that one, 2 of the best live bands in the world on the same night.

I went for Melt Banana as have enjoyed them since listening to them on John Peels show. Sure Swans will be just as loud though and equally as entertaining.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Really enjoying the Trans EP's Red & Green. It's Bernard Butler's (ex-Suede) new project and sounds like a cross between Neu!, Television & Post White Light Velvets. Understated majesty. They play Green Door on March 8

I think you'll like it you know....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Really enjoying the Trans EP's Red & Green. It's Bernard Butler's (ex-Suede) new project and sounds like a cross between Neu!, Television & Post White Light Velvets. Understated majesty. They play Green Door on March 8

I think you'll like it you know....

That's bloody fantastic.

Shame their Green Door gig is the same evening as John Grant, so I will miss it, but that really is very, very good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looking forward to the Trans show can't believe it's not sold out. Thanks to this thread I have now checked out Melt Banana and am blown away. Quite extraordinary as David Coleman May have put it, the Green Door gig threatens to be epic.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Caught Hawkwind last night at Shepherd's Bush Empire. They perfornmed Space Ritual in its entirety - must be the first time they've done that since the 70's.

Jolly good it was too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This week's Radio Show featuring bands playing soon in Brighton; Speedy Ortiz, Joanna Gruesome & Goblin. I think you'll like Goblin if you haven't heard them before....

http://www.mixcloud.com/jamesmclarnon562/sonic-shuffle-16022014/

Taken me a while to get round to this week's show but always well worth the wait. Really enjoying the Wytches latest and good to see them signed up to Heavenly records. Goblin are a band I know little about but worth exploring from their track.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Caught Hawkwind last night at Shepherd's Bush Empire. They perfornmed Space Ritual in its entirety - must be the first time they've done that since the 70's.

Jolly good it was too.

I was there too having legged it to the train at the Amex!

I thought it was pretty good as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
London Grammar at the Dome last night. Hannah Reid's voice has to be heard live to be believed, and Dot Major's multi-instrument ability is something to behold - from drums to keyboard and back in the same song. Met them post-gig, three of the loveliest, most down to earth people you could wish to meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here