Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
GNOD play The Hope tonight.

I was going, but I've found something else to do. Shame, I'm keen to experience another aural assault (having seen Part Chimp the other night).
Certainly seems to be a lot of decent stuff to see. My current list includes:
Ken Vardemark (sp?) and Paar Neilsen-Love (sp?)
Nick Cave, Patti Smith, St Vincent, Courtney Barnett, The Psychedelic Furs (and a few others) up London way
Ty Segall
The Ex
Thee Oh Sees
Sons of Kemet
End of the Road Festival
Olafur Arnaulds

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Saw Anna Burch a couple of nights ago in London. Very pleasant stuff. The album is nice and summery, good tunes - recommended for fans of 60s girl group stuff and clean-sounding indie guitar music.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Going to All Points East and Primavera this year so was planning to sack off Great Escape for the first time in 6 years, but the lineup looks pretty solid.

Think I'm going to get a ticket but just go to the evening shows and reign in the alcohol.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Teleman as well as playing Great Escape have a date at The Concorde in October.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Just saw this on the The Mighty Fall Facebook page. Looks interesting- will try to go.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/graeme-trelford-davies
1DA0633E-F2ED-4D7A-9362-147E24081DD8.jpeg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Going to All Points East and Primavera this year so was planning to sack off Great Escape for the first time in 6 years, but the lineup looks pretty solid.

Think I'm going to get a ticket but just go to the evening shows and reign in the alcohol.

Yes, it does look a bit better this year than it has been for a while.

I'm putting on a couple of killer alt-escape shows.

Friday - https://www.facebook.com/events/438926903216057/
Saturday - https://www.facebook.com/events/197414127679007/

Made up 'cos I got my favourite band off the main bill to play the Saturday one.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Couple more gigs to add to my list:

Gruff Rhys
James Holden and The Animal Spirit
Sun Ra.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Arctic Monkeys last night (after a false start by turning up for the gig a day early). Gig was a small-ish festival warm up (so I heard) and the set was an 80 minutes or so career spanning greatest hits affair and boy was it good fun. They are unrecognizable from the first album, visually and musically, and at the start had 9 people on stage recreating 4 out of 5 from the new album. Some great musicianship and Alex Turner has now fully morphed into the consummate front man channeling Elvis and Nick Cave.

As an aside this is a band I have grown to like. I never liked their first album but as they have grown and hovered up more musical reference points they have developed into a fine band not afraid to take the odd risk.

Oh, and I saw Caverns of Antimatter last Sunday. Excellent stuff and I challenge anyone to not want to dance when listening to them.

Next up LCD on Wed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here