Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Martha Wainwright Komedia 23 Jan - be quick.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone think it's worth the travel to Bexhill for Bonobo in March? Never seen him live but it's a Saturday gig so good scope for a day out on the razzle.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise he was playing at the De La Warr (I'm on their mailing list too). I'm very tempted by this but I'll have to see what the prices are first I think.

Unbelievably, a few years back I managed to miss The Portico Quartet at the De La Warr. The only gig I've ever managed to completely balls up my dates on. I had tickets but was sat at home on the Friday night of the gig looking forward to a cracking Saturday night out :facepalm:

Went to see Mammal Hands play at The Rosehill Tavern last Thursday. Possibly the best tenner I've ever spent! They were bloody brilliant!!!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise he was playing at the De La Warr (I'm on their mailing list too). I'm very tempted by this but I'll have to see what the prices are first I think.

Unbelievably, a few years back I managed to miss The Portico Quartet at the De La Warr. The only gig I've ever managed to completely balls up my dates on. I had tickets but was sat at home on the Friday night of the gig looking forward to a cracking Saturday night out :facepalm:

Went to see Mammal Hands play at The Rosehill Tavern last Thursday. Possibly the best tenner I've ever spent! They were bloody brilliant!!!

What was the Tavern like for a gig? I couldn't make it & have not ventured there yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What was the Tavern like for a gig? I couldn't make it & have not ventured there yet.

Small space, so quite crowded, but the sound engineer did a good job considering I thought. Proper pub venue, which was a little bit weird seeing Mammal Hands there when previously I'd seen Matthew Halsall for example at St.Mary's in the Castle. But being a trio Mammal Hands fitted the space ok.

Only one beer on tap from what I could work out, that being Saxon lager. But the bonus was there was a half decent selection of bottled Belgium beers, served in their right glasses too :thumbsup: Plenty of ciders available too I noticed. As a venue it was ok. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go there again if there was someone playing that I really wanted to see.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Small space, so quite crowded, but the sound engineer did a good job considering I thought. Proper pub venue, which was a little bit weird seeing Mammal Hands there when previously I'd seen Matthew Halsall for example at St.Mary's in the Castle. But being a trio Mammal Hands fitted the space ok.

Only one beer on tap from what I could work out, that being Saxon lager. But the bonus was there was a half decent selection of bottled Belgium beers, served in their right glasses too :thumbsup: Plenty of ciders available too I noticed. As a venue it was ok. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go there again if there was someone playing that I really wanted to see.

Cheers. 'Saxon Lager' sounds like some 80s throw back!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tremendous wasn't it - they played a bottomless well of classics. Never seen such a smiley audience, everyone just seemed to be having a great time.

Haven't got to as many gigs as I'd like to this year. That was the easily the best.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bit of a way off but they've just released the lineup for Primavera 2017 and MY WORD it looks wonderful.

cartel1200x628.png

Cymbals Eat Guitars, Whitney, Seu Jorge, Slayer, The Wave Pictures, Grandaddy, Aphex Twin, Death Grips, Gojira, Van Morrison to name a few.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, it's a strange claim. But it is 'different' - feels like a goth pub in the 80s. I like it.

I remember buying you a Jagermeister in this pub. The first you knew about it was when you saw a photo the following day :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here