Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I had to give my ticket away for Spratelys Japs as I couldn't make it. Was a little gutted to say the least.

Was it busy at The Concorde?

Less than half full. I thought the jump from Komedia to C2 without any material released would be risky. The crowd were silent for it though, and very respectful of the crazy vocalist (a female scott walker) support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N8bgOO6q3A

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Less than half full. I thought the jump from Komedia to C2 without any material released would be risky. The crowd were silent for it though, and very respectful of the crazy vocalist (a female scott walker) support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N8bgOO6q3A

I caught the tour at a virtually sold out Shepard's Bush Empire as Richard Dawson played as well as CDY. I thought it would do better than that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
RY X last night at St Bartholomews Church.

Only attended this really on the back of some work he’s done with Innervisions (Ame etc) and the fact I’ve never seen anything at this venue.

His music itself is repetitive in the extreme but the venue really helped him. The lighting and smoky effects used, added to the grand building itself, made for a nice gig. He became a bit whiny at points (think he’s an aussie) but some of the production was really nice (all Innervisions inspired, with a couple of Ame engineered bits). Even this missus enjoyed it and she hates gigs generally.

6.5/10

Oh and **** paying 4.50 for a can of ale. Seriously. Nearly nipped out to the offie but felt bad as the venue was so good that it warranted a bit of financial support.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Concorde 2 advice. Are there any steps near the venue that are open at the moment? I fancy a pub before tonights Autechre show but don't fancy getting stuck on the road, having to walk a long long walk round.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Well **** you all very much :) I'm off to the Autechre darkness.

Sorry chap, only just seen this. Just in case you're still around: the nearest ones to C2, towards the pier - the very steep ones, which lead down to a point from which you can see the venue - are open. If you were to drink anywhere around the Barley Mow, and then head down and left, you'd be laffin'. Happy giggage :)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sorry chap, only just seen this. Just in case you're still around: the nearest ones to C2, towards the pier - the very steep ones, which lead down to a point from which you can see the venue - are open. If you were to drink anywhere around the Barley Mow, and then head down and left, you'd be laffin'. Happy giggage :)

Went for the mucky duck just in case. Cheers anyhoos.

Oh and Autechre sounded amazing, if you weren't anywhere near some ***** talking over it. It's pitch black, hearing hightened, I'll talk over it all to be a ****.
I'm slightly annoyed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oh and Autechre sounded amazing, if you weren't anywhere near some ***** talking over it. It's pitch black, hearing hightened, I'll talk over it all to be a ****.
I'm slightly annoyed.

I feel for you. It's gutting when you really want to see and band and someone does this.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'm slightly annoyed.

I thought it was priced up highly enough to convince the not really that bothered types to stay home. Autechre are hardly a 'casual fan' affair, especially on their more recent stuff. Who are these *****?

Me and a pal had the idea to hire a rehearsal studio, get wasted and charge people £10 to listen to Autechre records in the dark. We still might go for it as it happens.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I thought it was priced up highly enough to convince the not really that bothered types to stay home. Autechre are hardly a 'casual fan' affair, especially on their more recent stuff. Who are these *****?

Me and a pal had the idea to hire a rehearsal studio, get wasted and charge people £10 to listen to Autechre records in the dark. We still might go for it as it happens.

Yeah I did wonder whether they were actually there :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone think it's worth the travel to Bexhill for Bonobo in March? Never seen him live but it's a Saturday gig so good scope for a day out on the razzle.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone think it's worth the travel to Bexhill for Bonobo in March? Never seen him live but it's a Saturday gig so good scope for a day out on the razzle.

I'm always left disappointed by the Bexhill jaunt. It takes as long as London and there's **** all there.

The venue's decent though and the crowd are usually a bit more up for it than their Brighton or London equivalents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm always left disappointed by the Bexhill jaunt. It takes as long as London and there's **** all there.

The venue's decent though and the crowd are usually a bit more up for it than their Brighton or London equivalents.

I like Bexhill. Last two times I was there
1) I saw a guy flat on his back asleep (smelt a bit of booze but he seemed alive) in the middle of the pavement in a random residential street mid afternoon.
2) Had a scrawny rough looking meth girl ask me to go into the pub I was leaving and tell "Steve" she was outside but banned from the pub. I then spent 10 mins trying to find Steve. No one owned up to being Steve.
3) And my favourite was sitting in a deck chair on the beach when a bloke dressed as a Dalmatian sat next to me, said hello with a thumbs up, and just sat their for about 30 minutes sunning himself as though there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bought tickets for some Soulwax nonsense in April. They've been away far too long (ignoring 2ManyDjs and Despacio)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Went to see Public Service Broadcasting on Wednesday night at the Islington Assembly Hall.

An excellent night, plus raised some much needed funds for Bowel Cancer UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here