Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Going to see Tracyanne and Danny at The Haunt tomorrow night.

Really looking forward to the gig. I do miss Camera Obscura, but I'm hearing they are doing some more stuff soon.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well I'll mention Terry Riley at St Luke's Church. A very special evening. Fortunately, if others want to witness one of the founders of minimalism live, the wonderful Dictionary Pudding are putting on a UK tour next year, which features a date at The Old Market.

http://theoldmarket.com/shows/terry-riley/

Thanks for this got my tickets last night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
British Sea Power at Patterns tonight. Only on for an hour though due to It being an early finish club night and some very poor planning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have also got tickets for John Maus and IDLES now...i

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Updated remains list for 2018 is: Jon Hopkins, John Maus, James Holden, Gruff Rhys, The Holydrug Couple, Julia Holter, Nils Frahm, IDLES.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I've got a fair few coming up in the next month but, at present, it's all about the Brighton Alternative Jazz Festival which goes on tomorrow. Should be a treat.

Brotzmann Full Blast was quite special last night. 77 years old and still blows hard.
Off to see The Thing next weekend in London.
Free jazz, brothers and sisters.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Brotzmann Full Blast was quite special last night. 77 years old and still blows hard.
Off to see The Thing next weekend in London.
Free jazz, brothers and sisters.

It was just extraordinary, and the other acts were something special too. We're so lucky to have such events in Brighton, and it's a shame that there weren't more there yesterday. It's niche, but of the highest quality.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It was just extraordinary, and the other acts were something special too. We're so lucky to have such events in Brighton, and it's a shame that there weren't more there yesterday. It's niche, but of the highest quality.

Avant grade/free jazz is quite niche. I though the crowd wasn’t too bad and quite a good age/gender mix. I’m very much the stereotype fan these days but remember seeing Brotzmann 20 or so years ago in Manchester where he literally played to 30 white middle aged men.

I was shocked to see Seb Rochford without hair!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of those shows that was great but didn't live up to my ridiculously lofty expectations. The sound weren't all that great either unfortunately.

“great” is good enough for me :thumbsup: I’m seeing him mid-November. He’ll be playing through the Berghain Funktion One system so the sound shouldn’t be an issue if the sound guy brings his A-game

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here