Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kreator and Sepultura in Kentish Town for me tonight, I'd say Soilwork and Aborted aswell by the gig starts a 5.45! Will miss the first two bands. Both Kreator and Sepultura have brought out great albums so far this year, am looking forward to it.

Also on the metal front the people behind Mammothfest are putting on a few shows as well, the most notable being Vader and Immolation on Easter sunday at the Arch which for any fans of death metal is a must see.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Kreator and Sepultura in Kentish Town for me tonight, I'd say Soilwork and Aborted aswell by the gig starts a 5.45! Will miss the first two bands. Both Kreator and Sepultura have brought out great albums so far this year, am looking forward to it.

Also on the metal front the people behind Mammothfest are putting on a few shows as well, the most notable being Vader and Immolation on Easter sunday at the Arch which for any fans of death metal is a must see.

Yeah, Vader may well tempt me out of my metal semi-retirement. Regardless, it's a pretty cool booking.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Royal Trux and Michael Kiwanuka playing Brighton just announced.

I've actually got a fair few gigs (by my standards) coming up in the next months:
Josephine Ohrn, Laura Marling, Blanck Mass, Sex Swing, Part Chimp/Sweet Williams, Kraftwerk, Green Man Festival, Royal Trux, Michael Kiwanuka

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Led to believe there are 50 extra tickets on their way to Resident for the Thee Oh Sees show shortly if anyone missed out.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

In other news, I don't care how good Drive By Truckers were last night. One of a Donald Trump sized tiny handful of acts I'd choose to see ahead of them is Mark Eitzel, so I duly did. Superb. And if there is a better song than 'Jesus' Hands' to finish the night on, I'm yet to hear it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the back of this post, I got a ticket on Friday. I said "I've heard rumours...", and they had been delivered one hour before.

So thanks, SHC.

Excellent. They're a fantastic live band. I'm seeing them for the forth time in May as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just got back from the packed Concorde, having seen a brilliant gig from Peter Hook And The Light.

They must have been on stage for at least two hours, covering all of the Joy Division and New Order singles and other great album tracks.

Hookie's singing was more in the style of Curtis than Sumner, different, and added to the fantastic instrumentation, it was an unforgettable evening.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Just got back from the packed Concorde, having seen a brilliant gig from Peter Hook And The Light.

They must have been on stage for at least two hours, covering all of the Joy Division and New Order singles and other great album tracks.

Hookie's singing was more in the style of Curtis than Sumner, different, and added to the fantastic instrumentation, it was an unforgettable evening.

Likewise. Great gig, marginally preferred the JD/Warsaw stuff to the NO stuff (never liked Blue Monday, Confusion and Shellshock even when NO did them!) but Procession and Ceremony were done brilliantly tonight. A slightly heavier version of Atmosphere worked really well and Love Will Tear Us Apart was an immense way to end a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Managed to get to Resident before the match on Friday and pick up Melt Banana tickets for 1st June at Patterns.

Jul 7, 2003
Now confirmed that Steps will be supported by The Vengaboys when they come to the Brighton Centre later this year!

Jul 7, 2003
Trust youll be catching those 'four lads from the Wirral' next weekend?

Yep - afternoon booked off to watch the racing, meeting a mate in Brooksteed for a few, wander down to the gig and probably an Uncle Jim's to finish for old time's sake.

Really hope that there is a good turn out for this.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yep - afternoon booked off to watch the racing, meeting a mate in Brooksteed for a few, wander down to the gig and probably an Uncle Jim's to finish for old time's sake.

Really hope that there is a good turn out for this.

Pretty sure there will be. It's a Friday night and St Patrick's day so could be lively.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Saw Stiff little fingers at Concorde2 on the 40th Anniversary tour.
They were excellent as usual.

Good to hear they can still cut it.

I did Rotherham away over this gig (£) but was pretty torn as I quite fancied a trip down SLF memory lane (I have not seen them since 78 or 79). How much of Inflammable Material did they play & what were ToH like (another band I have not seen for 30+ years)...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Saw Stiff little fingers at Concorde2 on the 40th Anniversary tour.
They were excellent as usual.

Going to see them on Wednesday at the Roadmender in Northampton, night after seeing Black Star Riders in Nottingham.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Good to hear they can still cut it.

I did Rotherham away over this gig (£) but was pretty torn as I quite fancied a trip down SLF memory lane (I have not seen them since 78 or 79). How much of Inflammable Material did they play & what were ToH like (another band I have not seen for 30+ years)...

They did:
Suspect Device"
"Barbed Wire Love"
"Rough Trade"
"Johnny Was"
"Alternative Ulster"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Follakzoid are coming to town again, yay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here