Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
After a couple of intimate gigs with the Sherlocks this year, I'm now going mostly retro for the summer:

Steve Earle and the Dukes - Copperhead Road 30th anniversary tour. (30 years!!!)
Midge Ure and Paul Young doubleheader
Owl City
Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker
Sting and Shaggy

Bit of a weird mix really.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We saw in my eyes the best ever Brighton band David Devant and his Spirit Wife at the 100 club last Friday. They played 6 tracks in the middle of the set from their new album, Cut-Out and Keep Me, due for release this month.

The new tracks I could remember were, Sally, Here I Am, Sublime and Cut-Out and Keep Me. Look forward to getting the new album, as always they were fantastic and it was all done with kindness.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And so it proved. Best show I've seen this year. I counted 18 people in the room!

This track was outrageous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0hINiuO0OY

As was this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6VHmmZrIDk

If anyone really wants a 'I saw the best band ever and there were only 20 people in the room' type experience, Canadian post-punk types Crack Cloud play The Albert a week today.

FFO: Pere Ubu, This Heat, Women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7kenlqvzs&t=913s

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a good week with LCD last Wed, Max Richter on Monday and Deerhunter next Wednesday. The missus also squeezed in Thom Yorke.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Despite the buzz around it, I was less impressed with Ty Segall at Concorde 2. The only time I've seen him subsequently was at GDS about five years ago, which was a garage revelation. It wasn't just the switch to a bigger venue, this time around he played most of the material from his new album, which was far less poppy and/or garagey, veering towards prog. There were one or two great moments in there, indicating that he can be one of the best live acts around, but they were few and far between amongst the sprawling songs.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
At the Brixton Academy for The The...No need for a report after as it will be brilliant

3AA28256-4061-46F1-AF6F-BFFCB8D21A93.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jul 7, 2003
Saw Half Man Half Biscuit at the Kentish Town Forum last night. Played quite a lot from the new album and a good mix of older stuff in a two hour set. They always do a cover in the encore and it was London Calling this time. Also managed to squeeze in a bit of the '82 World Cup song into the set. Great as always although Neil did screw up the lyrics a few times on some of the better known songs which is not like him. The new guitarist Karl who has replaced Ken seems to have added a bit more style to their sound.

The venue was very warm last night and it wasn't even that warm outside. They don't let you take in bottled water but do provide free water from the bars. Fair play to the venue, the security staff at the front were handing out water throughout the gig to those who wanted it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First open air party of the season for me, from the always excellent Kompakt Records. Very strong line up.

Attachments

• 24FF9187-4445-40E5-91AC-0E6CBDD98013.jpeg
    24FF9187-4445-40E5-91AC-0E6CBDD98013.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 85

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw Half Man Half Biscuit at the Kentish Town Forum last night. Played quite a lot from the new album and a good mix of older stuff in a two hour set. They always do a cover in the encore and it was London Calling this time. Also managed to squeeze in a bit of the '82 World Cup song into the set. Great as always although Neil did screw up the lyrics a few times on some of the better known songs which is not like him. The new guitarist Karl who has replaced Ken seems to have added a bit more style to their sound.

The venue was very warm last night and it wasn't even that warm outside. They don't let you take in bottled water but do provide free water from the bars. Fair play to the venue, the security staff at the front were handing out water throughout the gig to those who wanted it.

Sounds a great evening despite the heat. Only sorry I could not have been there. I do think the new album is the strongest for a while and would have been interesting hearing those songs live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here