Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Quite simply one of the greatest rock outfits I've ever seen. Consistently brilliant, last night was second only to when I saw them with The Ex in a smallish club in Barcelona a few years back.

It's not exactly a novel point, but what makes their live show so impressive and immersive is the attention to detail, and the distinctive sound that they get out of their instruments. They're deeply interested in physics, sound and electrical engineering and they really have put together a sound that sets them apart from others.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It's not exactly a novel point, but what makes their live show so impressive and immersive is the attention to detail, and the distinctive sound that they get out of their instruments. They're deeply interested in physics, sound and electrical engineering and they really have put together a sound that sets them apart from others.

I would agree but would add that each musician has been honing their sound since the 80s in the various bands they played with and together before forming Shellac in the early 90s. See for example, you can hear the Shellac sound in elements of Big Black, Rapeman, Breaking Circus, Flour and Volcano Suns etc.

Bloody brilliant gig last night.

Jul 7, 2003
Alestorm will be playing the Concorde 2 in February - tickets go on sale on Friday morning.

Went to see them last time and it was a very entertaining evening.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well I tried for tickets to The Streets for the nostalgia and all but the entire tour sold out in less than a minute. Lo and behold on ticketmaster's secondary selling website GetMeIn there were tickets immediately available for triple the price. It's incredible that this is legal, frankly.

Not overly pissed off as 50 quid a throw was my top end anyway but if anyone knows of a ticket for the Brixton show on Thursday 26th April then get at me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Friday night, and I'm seeing Justice. Really really looking forward to this. Cracking new album, cool stage production.....and my dancing shoes are polished and ready for action.

Check this

https://youtu.be/PROHe58Hi_Y

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nick Cave on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here