Sep 12, 2013
BN1
They did:
Suspect Device"
"Barbed Wire Love"
"Rough Trade"
"Johnny Was"
"Alternative Ulster"

Nice. Did you see Theatre of Hate? Interested to know how they are holding up these days.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Just got back from the packed Concorde, having seen a brilliant gig from Peter Hook And The Light.

They must have been on stage for at least two hours, covering all of the Joy Division and New Order singles and other great album tracks.

Hookie's singing was more in the style of Curtis than Sumner, different, and added to the fantastic instrumentation, it was an unforgettable evening.

The set started very dark and forboding with "In a Lonely Place" but the second song made you realise why you'd come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfpoxp_zoM4

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Went to see ARW (Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman) last night at the Dome, and Jon Anderson seems to have done his homework - at one bit whilst encouraging crowd reaction he said "Come on Brighton - you're nearly in the Premiership (sic)" and gave an excited/nervous look/smile - the sort of smile currently seen on some faces at the Amex. If I could have been heard over the band I would have pointed out his Premiership error but thought I'd leave it...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Half Man Half Biscuit tonight.
Monochrome Set
Wedding present x 2
Interpol
Melt Banana
Great Escape
Priests

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Laura Marling -- last night, so impressive
Sun Ra
Blanck Mass
Part Chimp
Sex Swing/Sweet Williams
Thurston Moore Group
Thee Oh Sees
Kraftwerk
Green Man Festival

might do Comet is Coming, and Zu too (and bump into [MENTION=12421]redoutable seagull[/MENTION])

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sun Ra
Blanck Mass
Part Chimp
Sex Swing/Sweet Williams
Thurston Moore Group
Thee Oh Sees
Kraftwerk
Green Man Festival

might do Comet is Coming, and Zu too (and bump into [MENTION=12421]RED[/MENTION]outable seagull)

Forgot Kraftwerk.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sun Ra
Blanck Mass
Part Chimp
Sex Swing/Sweet Williams
Thurston Moore Group
Thee Oh Sees
Kraftwerk
Green Man Festival

might do Comet is Coming, and Zu too (and bump into [MENTION=12421]redoutable seagull[/MENTION])

Oh yes, Sun Ra, Thee Oh Sees, possibly Comet is Coming, Saturday's Love Supreme (Herbie H and BadBadGood), Dinosaur (Not Jr! Jazz lunch time gig in Brighton) followed by Swans in London. Blimey, busy busy.

Sadly I've doubled booked myself for Zu in Brighton and not sure I can make it to the Green Door as I'm going to the ICC final at the Oval. So I'm seeing Zu in London.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A enjoyable evening was had in the cafe bar of Bexhill De La Warr last night watching Alexis Taylorand his piano based stylings. Mixture of Hot Chip, his solo, Prince and various other bits and bobs plus a few requests at the end, finishing with Dancing in the Dark (though he was going to play an R Kelly track, the crowd demanded Dancing in the Dark annoyingly). Few technical issues here and there as he was playing with a different set up due to a lack of a regular piano but really good nonetheless. A talented and humble musician who knows his shit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyed HMHB on Friday night. Rather strange venue for them- too large which made the crowd seem sparse and sound not the best. Began with Bob Wilson and then a string of well known tunes- all the expected stuff. Encore with cover version of Take The Skinheads Bowling and Trumpton. Bought myself a themed lighter- even though I have no need for it!

Jul 7, 2003
Enjoyed HMHB on Friday night. Rather strange venue for them- too large which made the crowd seem sparse and sound not the best. Began with Bob Wilson and then a string of well known tunes- all the expected stuff. Encore with cover version of Take The Skinheads Bowling and Trumpton. Bought myself a themed lighter- even though I have no need for it!

I enjoyed the gig - I said to my mate that there few gigs you go to where you end up with a silly grin on your face because of the songs (or bad jokes from Nigel). It did seem about five or six songs short compared to a normal HMHB gig. Also, would have preferred it if they hadn't binned Chatteris for Improv Workshop Mimeshow Gobshite. Long time since I have been to an HMHB gig without either Chatteris or 24 Hour Garage People in the set.

Not a bad crowd but think it would have been better if Oxford wasn't the next night as many London or Southampton based fans will have gone there so probably diluted the hardcore fan base.

Bit of a change for me next with Ghost at the Dome in a couple of weeks time. Expecting a very different show!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I enjoyed the gig - I said to my mate that there few gigs you go to where you end up with a silly grin on your face because of the songs (or bad jokes from Nigel). It did seem about five or six songs short compared to a normal HMHB gig. Also, would have preferred it if they hadn't binned Chatteris for Improv Workshop Mimeshow Gobshite. Long time since I have been to an HMHB gig without either Chatteris or 24 Hour Garage People in the set.

Not a bad crowd but think it would have been better if Oxford wasn't the next night as many London or Southampton based fans will have gone there so probably diluted the hardcore fan base.

Bit of a change for me next with Ghost at the Dome in a couple of weeks time. Expecting a very different show!

Did miss 24 Hour Garage too amongst others and agree with you on the early finish at only just past 10. An enjoyable evening though.
A bit of a blog here- nothing to do with me. https://0902friends2017ontheroad.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/the-double-gigs/

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Lucky enough to see Goldfrapp's first gig since god was a boy at the O2 in Oxford last night. Absolutely excellent - back to the electro sound of Supernature - new stuff from the album coming out later this month sounded good but the classics towards the end of the set and in the encore were stunning. She's got some voice that girl!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Really surprised Sean Kuti hasn't sold the Concorde out tonight. Didn't he do The Dome last time he was in town?

Tickets still for sale so I assume they'll be some on the door.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2017 is shaping up well

Soulwax
Esben and the Witch
Tony Allen
Thee Oh Sees
Angel Olsen
Radiohead
Sun Ra