Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The down side was a huge argument developed with a group of 4 people who pushed their way to the front just after the show started then proceded to talk (well shout), text message friends and even phone a friend during what was quite a delicate performance. It was quite breathtaking to be honest especially the phoning a friend bit; there is chatting during a gig but this was next level. A number of people asked for them to stop and they just shrugged it off and carried on and it turned a bit nasty in the end. We ended up moving. It totally ruined a couple of songs.

It wouldn't happen in Germany

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The down side was a huge argument developed with a group of 4 people who pushed their way to the front just after the show started then proceded to talk (well shout), text message friends and even phone a friend during what was quite a delicate performance. It was quite breathtaking to be honest especially the phoning a friend bit; there is chatting during a gig but this was next level. A number of people asked for them to stop and they just shrugged it off and carried on and it turned a bit nasty in the end. We ended up moving. It totally ruined a couple of songs.

Next Big Thing gigs = rude Nathans in the crowd. If she doesn't disappear she'll probably come back and play the Centre of Hell - then everyone will be able to have a phonecall without anyone noticing. C'est ca.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Mate bought me a ticket for the show tonight otherwise I would have been there.

Spoilt by the awful venue on the Hospice tour but I was blown away by them at The Concorde last time round.

What's the new album like? I haven't given it much time.

I've tried a few times to get into it, but it hasn't done much for me so far. I just can't seem to find the heart/tunes that was so obvious from Burst Apart. Sorry, I know that's a very cliched line when reviewing music!

Concorde gig was good. Always remember the fact that the lead singer can't sing and play at the same time - so all the songs are arranged in such a way that he never has to - very noticeable! They even had an extra musician on tour, though I'm not sure if that's purely so he could play guitar while main guy was singing!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I haven't seen British Sea Power in over 12months. A ridiculous state of affairs.

Come and right this wrong with me at Xmas Krankenhaus

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/295354

Got very excited about this when I saw it advertised. Tickets purchased already.
As for you standing in for Jason tomorrow I do believe you may just pull it off, but as well as the voice can you do the menacing slightly scary look. If so it could be a real live music moment.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Sleaford Mods last night were brilliant. Played lots of stuff from last two albums mainly. Great versions of Fizzy and new single TISWAS. (Yes the TV Programme! this is a band in their late forties). Truelly made up for the non show in April- which I still profess to having enjoyed. If you get the chance they will be playing at Concorde 2 in May- you won't be disappointed. My mate thinks they are supporting the Specials too but not sure about that. if so, don't miss out!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Some excellent new addtions for Drill today (BSP, These New Puitans, Esben and The Witch.)

The Pop Group were ****ing brilliant last night in London. Did anyone catch their Brighton show on Saturday night?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some excellent new addtions for Drill today (BSP, These New Puitans, Esben and The Witch.)

The Pop Group were ****ing brilliant last night in London. Did anyone catch their Brighton show on Saturday night?

Great additions to Drill. Line up certainly getting stronger. Just worried that it will be similar to Great Escape and entry not guaranteed. I will be getting a ticket- probably for The Friday. I bumped Into some people who saw The Pop Group on Saturday after Sleaford Mods and they gave good feedback. Mogwai last night were a complete contrast to Saturday and very loud indeed. I managed to get fairly near the front at one point but only lasted three songs. Great set though- perfectly lit. Massive sonic boom half way through final song which my ears have yet to recover from. I have spent today trying to explain to my girlfriend ( who was not there) how an instumental, relatively slow song can still be played loud but have failed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Great additions to Drill. Line up certainly getting stronger. Just worried that it will be similar to Great Escape and entry not guaranteed. I will be getting a ticket- probably for The Friday. I bumped Into some people who saw The Pop Group on Saturday after Sleaford Mods and they gave good feedback. Mogwai last night were a complete contrast to Saturday and very loud indeed. I managed to get fairly near the front at one point but only lasted three songs. Great set though- perfectly lit. Massive sonic boom half way through final song which my ears have yet to recover from. I have spent today trying to explain to my girlfriend ( who was not there) how an instumental, relatively slow song can still be played loud but have failed.

I've never seen Mogwai outside of a festival. Can only imagine that are extra excellent.

On Drill, similar to TGE I suspect if you prepare throughly and don't indulge in ridiculous venue hopping, you'll see what you want. £60 equates to £15 a day. There's more than enough on that bill outside of my first choices already to justify that. Plenty more to come.

Also doesn't look like there's any official queue jump option so outside a bit of guestlist/VIP there won't be any of that delegates pass nonsense to contend with.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unfortunately I have nothing further on Drill than has already been released at present. I am going to be pretty miffed if I don't get to see Swans, I have to say. The bill does look pretty all round strong so far though.

Anyway March 2015, these girls return to kick some serious arse. Can't wait.

Oh goody gum drops, dates ? venues ?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh goody gum drops, dates ? venues ?

You've missed out on the London date I'm afraid, unless you fancy paying treble the FV on the resale market.

Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Glasgow or Manchester still about though. I reckon they'll be back in Europe come festival season, I can't see how they wouldn't be playing Primavera.

details on http://www.sleater-kinney.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here