Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Museum is now open

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't wait to have a look around. Well done all involved.

:thumbsup:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
What time does it open? Would be nice to have some times somewhere after all tims work!

was it open today????

If you bother to read Tim Carder's informative post:

"We will open it to the public as soon as we can, but it will NOT open until the club announces it. Please do not come to the stadium yet to go into the museum because you will be disappointed."

From the pics and the tweets it looks well worth a visit and that a lot of care and imagination (liked the "bedroom" display) has gone into it. Strikes me that it is the sort of museum that would attract even those who perhaps only have a slight interest in the subject. I would like to see how it compares to the (relatively) new Museum that the Bluebell Railway have at Sheffield Park Station which tells an interesting story that engages the "anoraks" amongst us whilst still being of interest to those who can't tell the difference between an A1X and a P.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the pics and the tweets it looks well worth a visit and that a lot of care and imagination (liked the "bedroom" display) has gone into it. Strikes me that it is the sort of museum that would attract even those who perhaps only have a slight interest in the subject. I would like to see how it compares to the (relatively) new Museum that the Bluebell Railway have at Sheffield Park Station which tells an interesting story that engages the "anoraks" amongst us whilst still being of interest to those who can't tell the difference between an A1X and a P.

The best part is that the exhibits will be changed, so that there will something fresh to see each time a visitor goes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is there any news on when the museum will open properly?
Barber's bit in the programme a couple of games ago said something like it would only be open from 10:30-12 on match days, surely that's not right?

if you bother to read tim carder's informative post:

"we will open it to the public as soon as we can, but it will not open until the club announces it. Please do not come to the stadium yet to go into the museum because you will be disappointed."

I was dissapointed,i thought a museum opening meant it would be open??? LOOKS LIKE THE CUP FINAL CASH ALL OVER AGAIN:eek:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's just a shame that it's situated where so few can visit it on a match day. How many will make a special journey on a non match day?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why would it not be open every weekend? Surely there is some demand for this?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When it opens it will be manned by volunteers and I'm fairly sure it is going to be open each afternoon. There probably aren't enough volunteers to man it every weekend?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When it opens it will be manned by volunteers and I'm fairly sure it is going to be open each afternoon. There probably aren't enough volunteers to man it every weekend?

Does anyone actually know when it plans to open?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

They're hoping for 4 days during the week and each non-match Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here