Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Museum is now open

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Looks brilliant - can't wait to see it. Well done the boy Carder.

BTW, you could put a real Lego Stand in that space in the Goldstone model ...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Looks brilliant - can't wait to see it. Well done the boy Carder.

BTW, you could put a real Lego Stand in that space in the Goldstone model ...

What era Goldstone Ground would you say it was in its current construction?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had no idea that the old Seagulls Special train services carried a massive badge thing on the front of the engine.

vy9u2epy.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What era Goldstone Ground would you say it was in its current construction?

The final season, judging by the goals. After the York pitch invasion the old stanchions disappeared and the nets were supported by brackets attached to the posts.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
BHACHS member had to miss opening day, but was due in town tomorrow (Weds) and hoped for a look round..............sadly not, it seems.

Next time, then. The wait goes on.................

Well done Tim Carder and all the BHACHS folk (and others) who have worked long and hard on this. I'll have to make do with my personal Albion museum for a while longer !

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A massive well done to one of the good guys and a proper Albion hero - and all those others that have helped get this together. I am really looking forward to having a look around.

Well done to the BHACHS (Bless You).

You have to love the Albion.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And just think.........a measly £10 per year gets you membership of BHACHS including the marvelous magazine FOUR times a year.

Get in !!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
A truly fantastic job. Expectations were high already; the reality far exceeded them. Hugely, well done Tim.

It would be easy to lose yourself for a couple of hours there. But be prepared for the unexpected, too. Like Glenn Murray talking sincerely on video about the great times he had at the Albion. Oh, and a fans' adaptation of Sussex by the Sea - dated 1914. Marvellous stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the pics Hiney. Amazingly detailed models of the Goldstone, and Withdean. Can't wait to see them.

They are incredibly detailed. And have floodlights that can be turned on and off (especially good with the Goldstone, with its fantastic old school floodlight pylons- or "Scottish-style drenchlighting" as Simon Inglis would tell you).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the pics Hiney. Amazingly detailed models of the Goldstone, and Withdean. Can't wait to see them.

They are incredibly detailed. And have floodlights that can be turned on and off (especially good with the Goldstone, with its fantastic old school floodlight pylons- or "Scottish-style drenchlighting" as Simon Inglis would tell you).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thank you for the kind comments on the museum, which are much appreciated.

Those who were there tonight will see that there has been a great deal of work gone into it. We have not yet resolved some operational issues and have not yet trained the volunteer staff. Tonight was, in many respects, a test run to see how systems work under load - a ramp-up event, just like the stadium had.

We will open it to the public as soon as we can, but it will NOT open until the club announces it. Please do not come to the stadium yet to go into the museum because you will be disappointed.

It will be free admission - with donations gratefully accepted - and also included on stadium tours. The idea is to open it on weekday afternoons at least (except perhaps one maintenance day) AND before matches. There may be other times as well, or by appointment.

One of the issues to resolve is access on a match day, with the obvious problem of Dick's Bar. There are other means of access so I don't think children will necessarily be barred.

I know you've waited a long time, but believe me, I've waited longer! Please be patient just a little more.

Thank you

Tim Carder

Well done Sir!

Now for an update of Seagulls, the book?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here