Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Museum is now open

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you can only gain access to the museum via Dick's Bar, how do you take your kids into the museum on match days given that children aren't permitted into DB? Or have the club made alternative arrangements?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I enjoyed the whole evening. Went with my fellow Mid Sussex Seagull buddies to the Q and A session.

Had a nice chat with some old faces and I found Paul Barber and Alan Mullery very approachable.

I think the museum is great. I need to go back. I could easily spend a couple of hours there.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Thank you for the kind comments on the museum, which are much appreciated.

Those who were there tonight will see that there has been a great deal of work gone into it. We have not yet resolved some operational issues and have not yet trained the volunteer staff. Tonight was, in many respects, a test run to see how systems work under load - a ramp-up event, just like the stadium had.

We will open it to the public as soon as we can, but it will NOT open until the club announces it. Please do not come to the stadium yet to go into the museum because you will be disappointed.

It will be free admission - with donations gratefully accepted - and also included on stadium tours. The idea is to open it on weekday afternoons at least (except perhaps one maintenance day) AND before matches. There may be other times as well, or by appointment.

One of the issues to resolve is access on a match day, with the obvious problem of Dick's Bar. There are other means of access so I don't think children will necessarily be barred.

I know you've waited a long time, but believe me, I've waited longer! Please be patient just a little more.

Thank you

Tim Carder

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
The Museum is quite simply brilliant - and huge thanks and gratitude goes to Tim for all his hard work and belief to bring it to reality. It is exactly how a museum should be - interactive, fresh, bright, nostalgic but tracing the history of the Club in a lively (non-cobwebby way).

A real supporter's museum - a museum for all.

Well done Tim, thank you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks really good so will pay a visit on a non match day.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are there any trophies on display? - What I would really be hoping to see at an Albion museum

The trophy for losing to AS Roma (I think) was there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Museum is quite simply brilliant - and huge thanks and gratitude goes to Tim for all his hard work and belief to bring it to reality. It is exactly how a museum should be - interactive, fresh, bright, nostalgic but tracing the history of the Club in a lively (non-cobwebby way).

A real supporter's museum - a museum for all.

Well done Tim, thank you.

Perfectly chosen words.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
vyruhepa.jpg

qevunahe.jpg

u4y8ehe2.jpg

he6ynenu.jpg

py8e4uqe.jpg

me4u5are.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thank you for the kind comments on the museum, which are much appreciated.

Those who were there tonight will see that there has been a great deal of work gone into it. We have not yet resolved some operational issues and have not yet trained the volunteer staff. Tonight was, in many respects, a test run to see how systems work under load - a ramp-up event, just like the stadium had.

We will open it to the public as soon as we can, but it will NOT open until the club announces it. Please do not come to the stadium yet to go into the museum because you will be disappointed.

It will be free admission - with donations gratefully accepted - and also included on stadium tours. The idea is to open it on weekday afternoons at least (except perhaps one maintenance day) AND before matches. There may be other times as well, or by appointment.

One of the issues to resolve is access on a match day, with the obvious problem of Dick's Bar. There are other means of access so I don't think children will necessarily be barred.

I know you've waited a long time, but believe me, I've waited longer! Please be patient just a little more.

Thank you

Tim Carder

Firstly - very many thanks for getting it up and running.

Secondly, this thread got my hopes up that I could give my two boys a treat this Thursday afternoon ( disappointing that I can't ! ) :(

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here