Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the bet of the year ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may be wrong but wasn't it all doom and gloom from you just a few short weeks ago US?

Optimist though I am, a top two finish is just about out of our reach given the form of Derby and QPR along with the surprise form of Burnley and the threat of Leicester. I can't see two of them slipping up enough to let us sneak in personally. Third is a possibility though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I may be wrong but wasn't it all doom and gloom from you just a few short weeks ago US?

Optimist though I am, a top two finish is just about out of our reach given the form of Derby and QPR along with the surprise form of Burnley and the threat of Leicester. I can't see two of them slipping up enough to let us sneak in personally. Third is a possibility though.
It's impossible for Derby to continue.
Leicester clearly aren't all that, as usual.
Burnley, I guess we all expected the slide by now.
QPR have enough to see them through, but they are incredibly limited, one dimensional, and lacking pace.

The Top 10 will be sorted by the time the 3rd round of the FA cup.
From then on it's a free for all, for the top 6 places.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On the subject of Burnley, they may have a good team but their squad is poor. If they'd had the same key player injuries as us in the first four months of the season, they'd be bottom 8.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
BetVictor but the stingy sods have now cut the odds to 2/1 ... the wife should be impressed that her Christmas money is sending shock waves through the betting markets.

SkyBet offering 11/4 though so even better value available ... as noticed by Mtoto yesterday on a different thread:

Good luck!

Thanks, Skybet allowed me a fiver!!! Rest 11-5 with paddypower

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
McCormack has 16 and on target to get 30 at least. Ulloa has got 4. He will need to score a goal a game for the rest of the season to have a chance and is 80/1. Save your money.

O Ye of Little faith!
McCormack gets a long term injury and Spanish Len storms the rest of the season. Simples!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks for this Klunk. BetVictor's each-way bet is top three places. Ulloa is currently eight goals off third place, but only six goals off fourth. Do you know of any bookies that have each-way for the top four places for Championship goalscorers?
I also noticed that BetVictor has Ulloa at 6-4 to be B&HA's top goalscorer this season. Might this provide the answer to the question that US posed in this thread?

Unfortunately,I know of no bookies going 4 places. Which is a shame,as I think it's probably crucial being realistic. I think for the man from Argentina to actually be top goal scorer,nice as it would be,isn't at all likely as there is so many goals to make up and other threats than McCormack. Getting a payout for 3rd,or even joint 3rd is gonna take a lot of goals by Ulloa. Maybe 20 or so in total could be enough? We will see,hopefully...

Btw,I do like the 6/4 by same firm to be our top goal scorer. But I haven't got anything worthwhile to lump on. However,I'd be gutted to miss out on a 125/1 shot!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC are 8/1 to get promoted with William Hill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolute nonsense in my opinion. We are only six points behind Derby and nine points behind automatic promotion. I seem to remember being a similar amount behind Palace much later in the season last year and we came back to finish ahead of them comfortably. The one team I imagine are probably going to be out of our reach are QPR, simply because they have such a large squad that even if they get injuries, suspensions or lose form they can overcome it easily enough. But are you really saying we can't get six points more than Derby over 26 matches? Or nine more than mediocre teams like Burnley and Leicester (who we beat easily last week)? I reckon we easily can, and just like last season that must be the aim. The key for us now is taking advantage of a really favourable run of games (Huddersfield, Charlton, Blackpool, Bournemouth, Birmingham) so that we go to Derby pretty much level with them and very much in the pack.

I will be delighted if it does turn out to be nonsense. I just think there are too many teams ahead of us with very strong squads. I can't see the falling away of any of them a la Palace apart from Burnley, maybe. We'll see

On another note have you had a vision? You have a history of being very negative and now you seem to be more optimistic than me. I'm worried.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BHAFC are 8/1 to get promoted with William Hill.
I'd say that was about right. In all likelihood, top spot is out of reach, simply because QPR have a huge talented squad at this level and are ALREADY 11 points clear of us. We'll do well do match their points tally from this point onwards.

However, second place is up for grabs. Leicester are enduring a bumpy patch but you'd expect them to get over that soon. I actually think we'll overhaul Burnley though - but obviously we're all waiting for their injuries to start piling up. Reading, Derby, and Forest are all big threats, but I still think Leeds are the biggest threat. They have a manager who has proven he knows what he's doing, and is going to be given a big WAR CHEST in January. And don't write off Wigan.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
80/1 now with Bet Victor,still 1/5 odds 1,2,3

Is this the biggest price we've been? Must be. Still think Burnley will falter. We could sneak 3rd spot maybe? Should've won today,but for that awful penalty decision and Lee Camp/woodwork. We wouldn't be 80/1 otherwise,that's for sure...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here