Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could this be the bet of the year ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Brighton 40/1 to win the league and 1/4 a place, 1, 2 or 3. So we are if we ended up 3rd, it is 10-1 for that possibility. As we are presently only 7 points off 3rd with some major players coming back and 3 defeats in 18 league games this is a cracking bet. I for one am getting on LARGE. I also apologise as I realise me even mentioning this has probably torpedo'd our chances completely. Sorry and have a Merry Xmas. US

Are you actually getting on LARGE, or is this another one where you say you are but it's then proved to be a big LIE again? And weren't you calling for Oscar's head six weeks or so ago? Or at the very least questioning whether this job was too big for him?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are you actually getting on LARGE, or is this another one where you say you are but it's then proved to be a big LIE again? And weren't you calling for Oscar's head six weeks or so ago? Or at the very least questioning whether this job was too big for him?

Probably. You win again. Chalk up another hit.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As you point out, top goalscorer is a right off for Ulloa. I was actually asking about an each-way bet, as he's only six behind those in fourth place. If he remains fit, and your predictions about Albion for the rest of the season come true, he'll be bagging a load of goals. Am I right in thinking that each-way @80-1 is effectively a 10-1 bet? If so, why is this so much worse than your B&HA for 3rd bet?

They only offer win, no place.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Have you ever been anything other than perfect ? It seems not.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
As you point out, top goalscorer is a right off for Ulloa. I was actually asking about an each-way bet, as he's only six behind those in fourth place. If he remains fit, and your predictions about Albion for the rest of the season come true, he'll be bagging a load of goals. Am I right in thinking that each-way @80-1 is effectively a 10-1 bet? If so, why is this so much worse than your B&HA for 3rd bet?
125/1 with BetVictor. Got a squeak of a chance of an each way return? I'm tempted...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going LARGE on a white Christmas, myself.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brighton 40/1 to win the league and 1/4 a place, 1, 2 or 3. So we are if we ended up 3rd, it is 10-1 for that possibility. As we are presently only 7 points off 3rd with some major players coming back and 3 defeats in 18 league games this is a cracking bet. I for one am getting on LARGE. I also apologise as I realise me even mentioning this has probably torpedo'd our chances completely. Sorry and have a Merry Xmas. US

Good idea having that bet now.....
You'll be broke after Cheltenham as usual.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I put everything on Oscar getting the sack after US's comments.
Fine Christmas my kids are going to have because of him.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A wager on Brighton to get PROMOTION is much better value I reckon and could keep the interest going until the Wembley final at the end of May. Sixth place could all hinge on the last game of the season at Nott'm Forest to sneak into the play-offs and then from there the excitement builds.

It's going to be tough to catch QPR, Leicester and possibly Derby to make the top three.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I can't find the odds for promotion but imagine they'd be about a quarter of 40/1 so around 10/1?

Last edited:

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Agree with all you say and wagered the kids' Christmas money on a top 6 finish yesterday. It's not 10/1 but a very generous 5/2. If you look a bit harder, apparently 3/1 is on offer. It's not guaranteed of course but true odds probably evens, if not shorter. if it all goes wrong She won't talk to me for months.

Win win as they say :cheery:

Who'd you get the bet on with? Very good price for top 6

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Who'd you get the bet on with? Very good price for top 6

BetVictor but the stingy sods have now cut the odds to 2/1 ... the wife should be impressed that her Christmas money is sending shock waves through the betting markets.

SkyBet offering 11/4 though so even better value available ... as noticed by Mtoto yesterday on a different thread:

11-4 with Skybet. All those quarter points add up over time.

Good luck!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
125/1 with BetVictor. Got a squeak of a chance of an each way return? I'm tempted...

Thanks for this Klunk. BetVictor's each-way bet is top three places. Ulloa is currently eight goals off third place, but only six goals off fourth. Do you know of any bookies that have each-way for the top four places for Championship goalscorers?
I also noticed that BetVictor has Ulloa at 6-4 to be B&HA's top goalscorer this season. Might this provide the answer to the question that US posed in this thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Double post

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I may be wrong but wasn't it all doom and gloom from you just a few short weeks ago US?

Optimist though I am, a top two finish is just about out of our reach given the form of Derby and QPR along with the surprise form of Burnley and the threat of Leicester. I can't see two of them tripping up enough to let us sneak in personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here