Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much (if any) money will Oscar spend in the January transfer window?

How much cash will we splash?

• £0.00

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • £0 - £1,000,000

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • £1,000,000 - £2,000,000

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • £2,000,000 +

Votes: 9 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What do you reckon?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Carlos Garcia from Maccabi Tel Aviv for 1-1.5m. That's it though for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll get a high percentage of the money that comes in from any transfers out.
Although I don't really expect him to spend it straight away.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He'll get a high percentage of the money that comes in from any transfers out.
Although I don't really expect him to spend it straight away.

Will Bridcutt, Ulloa and Koosh all stay SB?....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will Bridcutt, Ulloa and Koosh all stay SB?....
Its not like we have failed with Ince, Barnes and Brez.

I think we have enough about us to do well without rocking the boat.
It would be very short sighted to sell the assets mid season, if we do so be it.
Either way id expect Oscar to be getting some transfers in early in the summer.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think TB said a while ago there would be no signings as the squad is strong enough. This will only change I think if we sell someone. I am sure the club will try to land Conway though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Barring having to replace any players that are sold, the only business I can see us doing is bringing Conway back and maybe signing a striker on loan if CMS is no nearer to returning.

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
The only money we will spend on transfer fees will result from the proceeds of any sale, which I doubt will be desired. Possibly Conway in on a permanent deal?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think TB said a while ago there would be no signings as the squad is strong enough. This will only change I think if we sell someone. I am sure the club will try to land Conway though.

This is very difficult to gauge. It could of course depend on if we sell anyone -don't want this to happen, but then, everyone has their price, as we are often told. Also, Mr Barber did say at some stage that the budget is in line -(rather vague, I know) and we did spend two million last January on a certain Argentinian gent, though this was hung-over as a result of delays in getting a work permit -still part of the annual budget, however. The club say that they will spend very little, which may well be the case, but they would be silly to say anything less. If they go public and say that they have x million -or whatever -to spend, then the price goes up. It could be an interesting January . .I would imagine that they may go for Conway -can he be loaned again?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
maybe only on Conway and ward, other than that, the squad looks strong enough as is till end of season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Your categories are wrong, zero appears in both of the first two, which will confuse the results. There shouldn't be an overlap

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
This is very difficult to gauge. It could of course depend on if we sell anyone -don't want this to happen, but then, everyone has their price, as we are often told. Also, Mr Barber did say at some stage that the budget is in line -(rather vague, I know) and we did spend two million last January on a certain Argentinian gent, though this was hung-over as a result of delays in getting a work permit -still part of the annual budget, however. The club say that they will spend very little, which may well be the case, but they would be silly to say anything less. If they go public and say that they have x million -or whatever -to spend, then the price goes up. It could be an interesting January . .I would imagine that they may go for Conway -can he be loaned again?

I think he can come in on loan for the rest of season, given his contract expires at the end of the year at Cardiff he may want more security than that however.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Conway back but I still think we are missing the creative midfielder to create opportunities Unlike Albion under Poyet we now do look for the one killer pass going forward into the fnal third and I would not be surprised if we bought in a player who might provide it even if it is someone who could be viewed as a luxury player and kept for home matches or where we are chasing the game late on. Currently KLL is our only game changer. CMS might be back soon and may be in that category but it would be nice to have someone in central mid who could provide energy and quality from the bench.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will depend only if we sell

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think someone will come in for Bridders but he will only go for big big money. We will not lose Leo......I cant see anyone willing to spend millions mid season for a striker who has missed a lot of the season through injury. Its going to take a few weeks to get him firing on all cylinders. I don't think we will splash any cash on a surprise signing as we have our "best" players returning from injury and their replacements have done very well. If I was pushed maybe Conway on a loan until the end of the season.
The one to worry about imo is Ince, someone might make a cheeky offer for him and if they are a bigger club I can see him going.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Personally I don't think we will sell anyone in January and I don't think we will buy anyone in January maybe a loan or 2 in but that will be it. We don't need to sell so it will take a ridiculous bid to tempt the club to sell anyone when we are in with a shout, however I can see prearranged deals being struck for some of our players at the end of the season ala Bennett.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here