Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] El-Abd's Style Pride

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Adam El-Abd says he is proud to be part of a team with a reputation for their style of football.
Despite a lack of first-team activity this season Albion's Egyptian international is enjoying life under head coach Oscar Garcia.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The philosophies of Gus and Oscar are very similar, they both like to play football; it was a shrewd appointment by the club.
“The philosophy has been for us to try and pass the ball and play between the lines for the last three years so the club have realised that’s the way we’re going to go because we’ve had success that way, and now it’s starting to bear the fruits which is a good sign.*
“Every player would tell you they’d rather pass the ball than just kick it, so it’s great to be part of a team that passes it. We’re proud to play that way, not many teams do. It’s good to be a part of it.*
“More clubs in England kick it and play percentage football rather than pass it, so we’re fortunate to have had Gus before and now Oscar to carry it on. It’s great to be a part of and it’s an enjoyable way to play.”
El-Abd came on as a first-half substitute last Saturday against Leicester, and although glad to get some game time, the centre-back admitted he didn’t enjoy seeing Gordon Greer injured.*
“I’m delighted to have played a game of football, I’ve missed it so much I’m not going to lie. I feel sorry for Gordon though – no one wants to see a fellow professional and team-mate injured – but that’s part and parcel of football.*
“Matt [Upson] and Gordon have done so well since the back end of last season and I’ve had to sit and wait patiently, well as patient as I can be, but it’s very frustrating obviously because I want to play.*
“Joining the action can happen at any time though, like on Saturday with Pete [Brezovan] and myself. It’s not easy though, and all the boys would say the same thing.*
"It’s not easy to mentally get yourself right for the scenario where you could be on at any minute but thankfully it worked out well the other day with Pete and I getting on and we’ve managed to win the game. It was a massive, massive team effort as Leicester are a good side and the whole team showed their mettle.”*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here