Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
More the general expense, and the possibility of grabbing tickets on a match-by-match basis, which wasn't very easy to do when the stadium opened and we didn't have corners and a two-tier East Stand.

This is why in a nutshell we may see a decrease next season. Since they increased capacity some of the ridiculous pricing policies of the tickets have led to loads of empty unsold seats - we are hardly selling any compared to the availablity. Therefore people will think they can still watch Albion but be more picky. That option wasn't available before because there was a danger of missing out. Now it is. Unless the club start selling out again week after week, I can see why some season ticket holders who currently only go to half or two thirds of games may not bother to get one next season.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I won't be renewing, but will choose which games to go to considering now the increased availability of spare tickets.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I will continue to be a season ticket holder as long as I can afford too

When I can't afford to - I'll keep going to as many games as I can afford.

Last night changes nothing for me.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Woooosh

So the only way you can be a real fan is by having a st?

No Dave, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying that I'll always want to watch the Albion regardless of how we play and how any season is going. You of all people should understand that.

It's a lifelong commitment as far as I'm concerned. Name's Mac by the way; we know each other well.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

It's hilarious isn't it. One bad performance and people can't wait to tell us all how they are no longer interested... how many would have responded like that on this thread had we won 5-0. I'll tell you how many. None.

I'm sure when we played at The Goldstone (where we lost plenty of games) there wasn't this level of pant-wetting every time something went slightly against us..

This is football people. We can't win every game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm sure when we played at The Goldstone (where we lost plenty of games) there wasn't this level of pant-wetting every time something went slightly against us..

There wasn't the 'pant wetting' no..... but there is now a massive financial and logistical commitment not previously part of the equation, even in relative terms.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the single biggest factor will be the price, not the league position.

If it goes up again there will undoubtedly be some who can no longer afford a season ticket. That should be something fellow fans lament, rather than get all "I will always renew because I am a REAL fan" about...

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Exactly my thoughts.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Unless the club start selling out again week after week, I can see why some season ticket holders who currently only go to half or two thirds of games may not bother to get one next season.

i reckon there's something in this. however once people work out how much it'll cost for say 10-15 games @£35 a time, they might well just get a season ticket anyway.

Lucas

Dec 4, 2013
When we sacked the football man Poyet in favour of Money maker barber, we lost a passionate sports footballing team and now have a Money making machine, thats why i may not get a ticket next year.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Could'nt give a toss if we were bottom of league 2 , i will be renewing as long as i can afford to .

I'll be there counting the empty seats.

I think the "Gus" factor accounted for a lot of season tickets being sold , together with the new stadium. Like him or not he was box office and his constant media presence put the Albion on the forefront of national and local news - always generating interest in the Albion. Oscar is so laid back we hardly hear from him - i'm not interested in what Nathan Jones thinks (unless, god forbid he is picking the team). Obviously performances need to pick up but if we don't make the Premier League then 18-20k STH renewals would be a great effort.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's hilarious isn't it. One bad performance and people can't wait to tell us all how they are no longer interested... how many would have responded like that on this thread had we won 5-0. I'll tell you how many. None.

bet if the internet was around then there would of been

Thing thats ironic is things are not even going against us but people are majorly un realistic about things

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We have 20,000 jcl's potentially???

TRUE SUPPORTERS WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A S/T FOR THE GILLINGHAM YEARS,WHO ARE THESE TRUE SUPPORTERS:blush:
Egotistical rubbish, look at me i'm great and deserve more because .....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I FELT MORE PART OF THE CLUB DURING THE GILLINGHAM YEARS TBH,NOW I CAN BE REPLACED BY THE WAITING LIST(OR CAN I):mad:

Pyschological only, fans during that time would have had the same influence on how the club was run and the various decisions involved as they do now. The club would still have seen the fans as customers then as well as now.

Again it seems an egotistical need to feel that you are important when in reality you weren't and never have been as important as you think you were to it on an individual scale. Whether the club has a small or big fan base, the club still needs to do what it can to get you there and to spend, the difference is that bigger clubs may have more in attendance and buying merchandise, but they have higher expenditures too which is why very sale is as important as it was when the club was small.

We were making a loss at Withdean, Gillingham and at the Goldstone, and we are now at the Amex so of course the club is still going to try to get fans to part with their hard earned cash,same as they always have done, just the technology to achieve this has changed.

We didn't have this kind of JLC crap when we went from 2k crowds at Gillingham to 6k crowds at Withdean and we didn't have people going complaining that they felt less special.

We fought for the clubs future and we have been rewarded for that fight with a good squad and manager and a great ground and facilities within. It seems some miss that feeling of having to fight for the clubs future and rather than enjoy the benefits, would rathher chose to feel unspecial and unappreciated because they don't have a cause to campaign for any more and are probably feeling a bit at a lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here