Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will but they better not not the ticket price up, especially as the food and drink goes up (and gets worse) so often.

They've made enough cut backs and we haven't seen any improvement on the field so if it goes up like 10% it would be a fu*kin joke.

The ticket price is a tricky one for the club to get right; it's a fine balancing act. On one hand no-one wants to have to pay more next season than this, which is understandable. However, fans being fans have high expectations and want to see quality players come here. Only yesterday there was a thread about January signings where posters were suggesting all sorts of expensive signings: another striker in addition to our current 4; another right back better than Bruno and Calderon; a replacement keeper who'll never play; and even more midfielders. All of this is on top of the fact that we're likely to make around a 5m loss this season.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We've had two season tickets since the 1980s, including therefore the Gillingham and Withdean years.

We will be renewing but there's a sense of fading enthusiasm around us. Seats immediately in front of ours - ESU - are frequently left empty and the crowd waiting for the coach is getting smaller.

The football doesn't always help but the club is deluding itself if it thinks that this is the only reason: the defining characteristic of sport as a business is "uncertainty of outcome" and all sporting organisations have to set themselves up to ride out the less-good times as well as the good ones.

The Albion is not doing this. Its marketing is naive and aimed almost entirely at getting new punters in and increasing the matchday profit. Little effort is directed at maintaining enthusiasm among the existing supporters.

This strategy might work at Spurs where if you p off 5,000 supporters you just send out to Hertfordshire for replacements but it doesn't work at a provincial club. The Albion needs to work harder at maintaining its STH base by communicating better with it and stopping its market trader policy of regarding existing customers as people you just flog Renaults to.

Bad times - or at least boring times - on the field will come from time to time and the club must set itself up to handle them and build the spirit you see at clubs such as Everton and Norwich. There is no sign that it is doing so and apparently regarding Chelsea as some kind of business model will do the Albion no favours at.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Glory hunters!!

I'm going to renew my ST because I'm a supporter, win lose or draw.

If we managed to make the play offs at the end of the season, I would love to dig this thread up.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If the price goes up I will start to think about it. Whether than means I don't renew, I don't know. I suspect I probably will anyway. But the fact I will even think about it says it is getting to the top end of pricing I can justify.

Not connected but another gripe. I completely appreciate why the club does it - and I think last night was just one of those evenings when everything was going to piss me off - but watching the poor performance on the pitch while seeing the club trying to flog club shop stuff on the big screen and in the adverts above the toilets just pissed me off.

As I say, I completely understand the reasons and all that. Not a criticism of the club, or its marketing team. Not at all. It is a good use of advertising space etc. Just last night it annoyed me.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If we continue to play as negatively as we did last night, especially at home, I may not bother either next season. Last night must have rated a 0 on the excitement scale. An absolutely appalling display.

Are you for real? You should've acted on those wise words of Abraham Lincoln.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
To be fair even though we are getting smashed most weeks, and are dead certs for relegation Selhurst Park has been rocking this season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it will be very interesting after Christmas if we are bumping along in the middle of the table to see what the actual gates are rather than the nonsense the club put out, ie tickets sold rather than bums on seats. If people chose to stay away when they have paid for the ticket, and I know a few people who do just this! then I can't see them renewing on the off chance we will play Liverpool in the cup, or the wow factor of playing at Amex has gone.

To be honest this was always going to be a difficult season following the euphoria of championships, moving to a new stadium, getting in the likes of Vicente and getting to the playoff semi finals...now we have a new unproven in English football manager, an injury ravaged squad, strange team changes ( Ince yesterday), and what looked like players being half arsed to play yesterday against a team that were rock bottom, (and still are), the way the club are perceived by some fans, the dick knight scenario, And I think rev is right...there does appear to be a bit of apathy about the place at the moment.

BUT people are right...win on Saturday and our Christmas games ( apart from the Huddersfield game of course were you southern pansies will get mullered) and go on another cup run by beating a prem club....all will be fine in the garden again!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am 80% certain that I won't renew after the three years at the Amex......300 mile round trip and dire prospects are draining my enthusiasm.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thank god there is no more midweek HOME games till QPR in March*.

Thank god.

*FA Cup and Bmth NYD not withstanding.

Glory hunters!!

I'm going to renew my ST because I'm a supporter, win lose or draw.

If we managed to make the play offs at the end of the season, I would love to dig this thread up.

Please try to look at the start of the thread an understand what you contributing to:facepalm: Its not about who's a real fan its about a trend of falling crowds 4 seasons in at a new stadia.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Most people will realise that there is now sufficient space and spare seats available that it might suit them better to go "pay per match" next season.

This means they don't end up paying for the matches they cannot attend (there are quite a lot who have round trips of 320 miles plus, like my family of four) but they will of course end up paying slightly more for the games they do attend.

Also, it means on a per match basis they can try out different bits of the ground, and occasionally get away from some of the morons they have to sit next to every week if tied to a season ticket (yes, we all have a moron somewhere within 6 seats or 3 rows of us, don't we?).

If we're nailed on mid table mediocrity by the end of Feb then I can see quite a lot deciding to chuck in their STs.

But not me. I'm 37 years into this journey, and you can't change your DNA however hard you try.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
As much as I was and still am p*ssed off at our performance last night, I will never stop supporting this club.

I wouldn't dream of not renewing my season ticket and thankfully there are thousands of other people who think this way.

One bad performance and you hear boos and talk of chucking in ST's. Unbelievable.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Whenever this debate surfaces I am disappointed by the "I won't give up my season ticket because I am a proper fan" argument.

If prices increase there will undoubtedly be some "real fans" who have to take the difficult decision to give up their season ticket - perhaps also have to tell their children they can no longer afford to go.

It isn't always about whether you are a real fan or not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As much as I was and still am p*ssed off at our performance last night, I will never stop supporting this club.

I wouldn't dream of not renewing my season ticket and thankfully there are thousands of other people who think this way.

One bad performance and you hear boos and talk of chucking in ST's. Unbelievable.

Woooosh

So the only way you can be a real fan is by having a st?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here