Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal next season?

Do you plan to renew?

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think it has bugger all to do with the off field service. If the team are winning and playing attractive football then only a massive price hike would put people off. Fact is we aren't seeing great matches hence the large number of sth that don't turn up (but obviously included in attendance figures). Could be once the injured players are back and we can then hopefully start playing considerably better then, come March when the season tickets renew more people are likely to. If having to queue for a bit longer for food is a deciding factor then perhaps football isn't really the sport for youl!!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can't imagine not having a season ticket. And I speak as someone who's only had one since the Amex opened.

I've heard people say they might not bother next year, but their comments weren't based on the way the team is playing. More the general expense, and the possibility of grabbing tickets on a match-by-match basis, which wasn't very easy to do when the stadium opened and we didn't have corners and a two-tier East Stand.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I will renew but currently going to watch the team is becoming a bit of a chore for me.

Injuries have played a large part for sure but entertainment on the pitch has been severely lacking so far this season and results have mostly been ground out.

As said above if we have a great finish to the season I would guess most season ticket holders would renew.

If the season is a deadpan come renewal time then there is a good chance that there will be a loss in season ticket numbers going into next season.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm not renewing but not because of matches like last night. Poor games are an inevitable part of watching football. I'm not renewing because I can no longer justify the price of two season tickets.

i can't imagine not having a season ticket. And i speak as someone who's only had one since the amex opened.

I've heard people say they might not bother next year, but their comments weren't based on the way the team is playing. More the general expense, and the possibility of grabbing tickets on a match-by-match basis, which wasn't very easy to do when the stadium opened and we didn't have corners and a two-tier east stand.

i think alot of factors go into non renewal but people will often pick an easy excuse eg fences in the 80's admission going up from £1 to £1.50 after are best ever season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see where you are coming from but for a lot of our supporters all they know is the AMEX and an upward trajectory. There is also the Barber effect which they did not have at the start. I just think a dip in on-field fortunes will see a lot of these people start to question the ticket prices, all the crappy little add-ons, the expensive food which takes ages to purchase, and the hassle of getting to and from the ground.

This. I am a st but could not be arsed to go last night. A 4 hour journey for a 90 minute game of football and the football at home has been mainly absolute turd all season. The enthusiam is just not there anymore. Maybe I am getting old but the BHAFC fire is dimming. I also don't like Barber, there, said it and his way of running things and the club has lost some of it's soul in recent years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Fourth Season Syndrome'?

I imagine this will be the same as the 'Second Season Syndrome', and the 'Third Season Syndrome' that all the doom-mongers and Palace trolls bleated about.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
True supporters do not walk away after three seasons. If it is an affordability issue or there is a work commitment, it is understandable but i think some of the JCL's are a bit fickle if this is what they are saying.

D

Deleted member 22389

True supporters do not walk away after three seasons. If it is an affordability issue or there is a work commitment, it is understandable but i think some of the JCL's are a bit fickle if this is what they are saying.

Your right they don't walk away. It's in your blood, and I agree if its an affordability issue or work commitment fair enough.

true supporters do not walk away after three seasons. If it is an affordability issue or there is a work commitment, it is understandable but i think some of the jcl's are a bit fickle if this is what they are saying.

We have 20,000 jcl's potentially???

TRUE SUPPORTERS WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A S/T FOR THE GILLINGHAM YEARS,WHO ARE THESE TRUE SUPPORTERS:blush: I FELT MORE PART OF THE CLUB DURING THE GILLINGHAM YEARS TBH,NOW I CAN BE REPLACED BY THE WAITING LIST(OR CAN I):mad:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have 20,000 jcl's potentially???

TRUE SUPPORTERS WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A S/T FOR THE GILLINGHAM YEARS,WHO ARE THESE TRUE SUPPORTERS:blush: I FELT MORE PART OF THE CLUB DURING THE GILLINGHAM YEARS TBH,NOW I CAN BE REPLACED BY THE WAITING LIST(OR CAN I):mad:

Out of curiosity what time did you leave the game when we played at Gillingham?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I see where you are coming from but for a lot of our supporters all they know is the AMEX and an upward trajectory. There is also the Barber effect which they did not have at the start. I just think a dip in on-field fortunes will see a lot of these people start to question the ticket prices, all the crappy little add-ons, the expensive food which takes ages to purchase, and the hassle of getting to and from the ground.

I think you're getting rather confused.

The people on here who've whipped themselves into a tizzy about the dastardly, evil Barber are largely long-term supporters.

The people who've only been coming to watch Brighton since we've been at the Amex are surely not judging pre and post barber in the way you suggest? They've known teething problems at the start and they've experienced ongoing problems of one description or another over the last 3 years. They're a different breeed of supporter (returning fans, "plastics", second teamers, brand new, parents of young fans, affluent, corporate etc.) and unless they've all been infested with the anti Barber obsession, I'd suggest they don't lay ever fault however trivial at his door.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Renewal rates amongst those fans who don't have to give up their season tickets due to work/money etc will remain high, because:

1) The renewal (or "don't give up") period is at a time where there is likely to be a chance of Premier League football. Most people would not want to risk missing out on that.
2) Direct Debits, used by a lot of fans, help the affordability. People don't have to find hundreds of pounds in one hit.
3) There are a relatively high number of season tickets shares between families and groups. Individuals in these groups don't have large commitments, and most will happily continue.
4) We are in an affluent part of the country - football is a luxury that a lot of people can afford comfortably.

However, I think on average an Amex season ticket holder misses between 2 and 3 games per season which does eat quite a way into the discount enjoyed by those who commit to a season ticket and there have been an increasing number of offers for individual matches or groups of matches. If you are less fussy about where you sit, and can't get to every game, giving up a season ticket may be the shrewd thing to do from a financial perspective.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I will but they better not not the ticket price up, especially as the food and drink goes up (and gets worse) so often.

They've made enough cut backs and we haven't seen any improvement on the field so if it goes up like 10% it would be a fu*kin joke.

I won't be renewing but it is only due to the cost, I only bought one in the first place as a bit of 'closure' on everything we went through to get it (I've been a supporter since '77), I can only make about half the matches anyway and my 4 year old son has only been (for sundry reasons) to one match this season, so I end up selling it (usually for under the odds) or giving it away. It's a the miracle of continued DD that I still have two.

I haven't had a pay rise for five years (just sayin) and I'm now stretched to the limit, yes I know it's "only the cost of a night out [per month]" but that ship sailed a long time ago. If it's a case of having to 'cut down on beer or the kid's new gear' I'd be on the latter.

Hopefully i'll still make as many matches but i'll have more flexibility.

I'll be honest I'm also enjoying the non league scene at the moment and it only costs six quid to get in and if I'm really 'down on my luck' Bob the barman will always give me the contents of the drip tray on the house (you don't get that service at The Amex)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I was going to renew after we beat Wigan but when we only drew against Bournemouth I began to have my doubts and now after last night I'm definitely not going to renew. However, should we beat Leicester I will probably have to reconsider but then I'm worried that if we only draw or lose against Middlesbrough I may have to change my mind. It's really tough being a reactionary, win at all costs thick fan.

(Not aimed at anyone who isnt renewing for cost issues)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
If we continue to play as negatively as we did last night, especially at home, I may not bother either next season. Last night must have rated a 0 on the excitement scale. An absolutely appalling display.

Are you for real? Go and support Arsenal or something, I'd rather not have 'supporters' like you in our stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here