Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick's thanks to Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Elphick's thanks to Albion[/h]9:00am Thursday 28th November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2751141.jpg
Tommy Elphick in action for Albion
Tommy Elphick has thanked Albion for his “amazing schooling” in professional football.
But he admits his current club will owe their fans three home points when the Seagulls visit the Goldsands Stadium.
Elphick is set to line up in defence for Bournemouth against Oscar Garcia’s men in a televised South Coast battle on Saturday.
He accepts it will be a special occasion as he faces his hometown club for the first time.
But he hopes to keep Albion at bay and end their five-match unbeaten run.
Elphick said: “I had an amazing schooling and I owe a lot to my youth team coach and various other people that helped give me a head start in the game.
“Added to that, I worked with people like Gus Poyet and some fantastic players.
“I think you can see from me and Cooky that it was a good schooling and a good grounding. We learned a lot of things under some good managers.”
Fellow defender Steve Cook is doubtful after damaging ligaments in his left ankle in last Saturday's 1-0 home defeat by Derby.
Elphick will put friendships aside in the quest to make up for that result.
He added: “It is massive for us. The crowd were brilliant again on Saturday and stuck with us until the final whistle.
“We owe it to them to turn it round and get a few wins here.”
Oscar is likely to have another midfield option at the Goldsands Stadium as Keith Andrews returns to training following a calf injury.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here