Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton travel plans

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Getting picked up at 8.45 in Hove by Seagull Travel, guessing we will arrive by 11 at the latest? Will there be any pubs open? And not the shithole that is that Antiquarian!

I think you mean the Antigallican. Great name.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
When my tickets arrived in the envelope there was a note saying Charlton station was completely closed.

I will be driving, and parking on one of the industrial estates.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Supporters Club bus is leaving at 8:30am and not 9:30am as previously stated.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can anyone recommend the best coach to get from Eastbourne?

"Best" in terms of cost, comfort and absence of lots of pick-up points meaning an overly prolonged journey...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Can anyone recommend the best coach to get from Eastbourne?

"Best" in terms of cost, comfort and absence of lots of pick-up points meaning an overly prolonged journey...

http://bluesaway.org/index.html - Blues Away, need to be a member but its free to join - £18.

The Seagull Travel coach from Eastbourne looks like it is now sold out too.

How do you know Charlton station is closed?

Looking at National Rail, I can get the train from Horsham to Victoria, then on to Charing Cross and then on to Charlton. Just over 2 hours in total.

It is 100% closed and NO Southeastern service will run on any of their routes. Good luck getting a Southern train from Horsham too, as there isnt any from there on Boxing Day, nor is there any trains into Victoria due to major works - no idea where you have been looking.......

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Just to reconfirm as mentioned above (from the Brighton Supporters Club Pages)

"Please note that the train operating companies and Network Rail are taking the opportunity over the festive season to undertake engineering work to the rail network. South Eastern Trains (who run services through Charlton) have confirmed there will be no trains running on their lines on Boxing Bay so Charlton station will be closed.

Southern railway who run services from Brighton to London inform us that London Victoria station, Gatwick, and Purley will be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

There will be a train service between Brighton and Three Bridges then a bus replacement service to East Grinstead (via Gatwick) where a train service will run to London Bridge. From London Bridge fans could get a tube to North Greenwich but there is an approximate 40-minute walk to the stadium. Car parking, including coach parking around Charlton is limited so make sure you plan your journey and give yourself plenty of time."

I am on the BHA Blues Coach from Peas Pottage

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Driving up with son and using 'parkatmydrive.com' for £6 and about 5 mins walk from the ground. I may well have space for 2 (leaving from Burgess Hill) if people want to pm me

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
As this is probably the closest ground to me I shall be driving, it only took 45 mins last year from home to sitting in my seat. I suspect this year the traffic will be mental, especially around the A2/M25 junction for Bluewater and parking may not be quite so easy.

Get off at J3 of M25 and go up A20 then. Just as quick a road and brings you within 0.5 mile of A2 near Charlton.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
How do you know Charlton station is closed?

Looking at National Rail, I can get the train from Horsham to Victoria, then on to Charing Cross and then on to Charlton. Just over 2 hours in total.
Northwest Sussex Seagulls are doing a coach for this one at around £15 return for this one !

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Driving up and park wherever i can find...

Anyone know what allocation we've been given? and how well tickets are selling?

theboybilly

I think you mean the Antigallican. Great name.

Named after a British warship from the Napoleonic wars by all accounts. (as in Anti-French)

The roads around The Valley are very residential. Parking is limited and there will be restrictions, so get there early. There are industrial estates within walking distance but I'm not too sure about parking availability there. It might be an idea to park west of the Blackwall Tunnel approach road if possible which will give good access to the A2/M25/M23 after the game. A 10-15 minute walk along Woolwich Road will take you past the Rose of Denmark pub which is allegedly Away supporter-friendly.
Another idea is to park south of Charlton Park. A short walk across the park into Charlton Village will take you to 2 pubs (but I can't vouch for them accepting Away supporters) The ground is then a half mile walk down Charlton Church Lane, then turn right into Floyd Road and the Away end.
I used to live in Woolwich and went to The Valley for quite a few years on and off. I can honestly say that Charlton fans don't usually go in for causing trouble. It's a bit like Fulham in that respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here