Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ignore the table, says Albion boss [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ignore the table, says Albion boss[/h]5:00am Tuesday 12th November 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2725723.jpg
Oscar Garcia is all smiles after Albion's 3-0 victory over Blackburn on Saturday
Albion boss Oscar Garcia has told his players to ignore the Championship table and just concentrate on Wigan.
The injury-hit Seagulls have climbed to within a win of the play-off spots following successive victories away to Doncaster and at home to Blackburn on Saturday.
Wigan, the next opponents on November 23 after the international break, are a point and a place above them in tenth but Spaniard Oscar is oblivious to Albion’s standing.
The head coach said: “Really I never know what position we are in. I want to think only about the next game.
“I want the players to have the same mentality because it’s a long season and we have to be focused only on the next game, not the long term.
“It hasn’t been an easy season with all the injuries but I’m very happy with the players that are fit enough to play because they give 100% in every game and in every training session. Now with these two results we are very happy.”
Tomasz Kuszczak pulled off a string of second half saves in the 3-0 defeat of Blackburn to secure a sixth clean sheet out of 15 for the Pole in the Championship this season.
The former Manchester United keeper has been instrumental in the joint fourth best defensive record in the division behind leaders Burnley, third-placed Queens Park Rangers and Wigan.
Oscar said: “I am very happy with him because he wants to improve. He’s played for big teams but in every training session he wants to learn and he’s trying to do the best for the team.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here