Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season - so far

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
One of the negatives of losing Gus was his experience of managing certain players' fitness. Something Oscar did not have. Surely some-one could have advised him better about this?

I know we've been wracked with injuries but LuaLua and Buckley were being played too much. The former resulting in injury and the latter, a loss of form then injury.

The times certain people moaned "why is he not playing so-and-so" spring to mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Upson and Crofts for me have been the stand outs. Hard to pick beyond those two although Ward has been pretty consistent.

Easy for me- can't see beyond Stephen Ward or Lua Lua. The former has been consistently good everytime I've watched him.

Might be a bit boring but Ward has been our most consistent player alongside Tom

Imho
Ward didn't seem to be getting much love on page one, so well done chaps.
It's not his fault he's following Bridge.
Ward has been bang on all season, and deserves some praise.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Think the key thing is here is that we have only played really well for 45 mins v Bolton and 30 mins v forest, and are only just outside the play offs.

I was in disbelief as to the football we played first half against Birmingham. I hadn't seen football played that way in a very long time. It was different class.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One of the negatives of losing Gus was his experience of managing certain players' fitness. Something Oscar did not have. Surely some-one could have advised him better about this?

I know we've been wracked with injuries but LuaLua and Buckley were being played too much. The former resulting in injury and the latter, a loss of form then injury.

The times certain people moaned "why is he not playing so-and-so" spring to mind.

But then Poyet never experienced the same injury 'crisis' as Garcia from what i remember

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Koosh for me, solid as always, thank god we have him. replacing him will be a tough task.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Koosh for me, solid as always, thank god we have him. replacing him will be a tough task.

Hope we dont have to for a few years, the replacement would have to be very good and have the ability to -play in the premiership. He makes everything look so easy and against Blackburn he showed his ability when forced into palming a shot away pushed it out towards the edge of the 18 yd box rather than back into the 6 yd box to an oncoming striker as we are used to seeing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:bounce:

So where are people at with their POTS thoughts?

For me It's Matthew Upson, he really is a very good player for us. Doesn't have the pace anymore but his positioning is superb and he wins almost every header. Hasn't lost any desire to win

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think up until the injury Crofts would have had my vote. I think Upson has been fantastic this season. Ince has made the step up fantastically.

But at the moment Upson edges it for me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Upson no question.

Everyone else has been bit part.

Crofts would have run him a close second and Ince will hopefully have many opportunities to win it in the future.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Would have been Crofts until he got injured. But Upson has been by far the most consistently good.

Kazenga LuaLua for Junior Seagulls POTY of course :)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ince has 18 league appearances this season

when he's played our only league defeats were to Derby

good boy :)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think up until the injury Crofts would have had my vote. I think Upson has been fantastic this season. Ince has made the step up fantastically.

But at the moment Upson edges it for me.

You've identified the three candidates so far but, unfortunately, Crofts can no longer feature. Given that, Upson is the clear favourite.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Up to now I'd have to go for Crofts, really seems to have kicked it up a notch. That being said, he can't really be in it now so would probably have to go for Upson, with Ince and KLL as outsiders (if a few more of KLL's runs had resulted in goals then it's be him).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Obviously it's Matthew Upson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here