Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season - so far

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, you're right about Barnes. Unlike most I don't have strong views on him. Whatever he does in the future he's more than repaid the £50k we paid for him ages ago.

Ialthough he's been good I wouldn't say KLL because he's missed so many games. I still stand by my choice of the Pole in Goal.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Kuzszack - B+ - Much improved in last 3/4 games.
Calderon - B+ - Our best right back. Solid. Comitted. Dependable.
Bruno - D- - The opposite of the above.
Ward - B+ - Very reliable. No WB going forward but as good going back. Arial Threat.
Greer - B - Improving as the season goes on, similar to the keeper, great against B'Burn.
Upson - B+ - Would have been an A but a few shakey moments versus B'Burn. Looks worthy of another year on the contract.
Crofts - B - Don't think he's been as good as everyone says. Very important goals however have glossed over poor performances.
Lopez - C- - Please bring back the Spanish Dave we love.
JFC - B+ - Love watching him play. Breaks into the box, not afraid to take on a player, keeps possesion. PROMISING.
Ince - B - Very good at home. Away at Yeovil he got an early yellow which got the crowd on his back and I was worried for a red.
Andrews - B- - Thought he was excellent away at Reading and QPR. Dissapointing at home when we are trying to WIN the game.
Buckley - C - Poor by his high standards. Badly timed injury as he looked back to his best v Watford.
Conway - D+ - The + is for a great performance v B'Burn
KLL - B - Not his biggest fan, but he was great until his injury. Just PLEASE work on your crossing?!?!?!
Orlandi - B - Looked good until injury.
Barnes - B- - Always works hard, often with no reward. Glad he finally got his goal v B'Burn.
Ulloa - A - You don't know how good he is until he doesn't play :(

Garcia - A - Amazing points tally with injuries we have. A manager we can all be proud of.
Just my opinions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For consistency, it's between Crofts and PIG, though KLL has been for the most part outstanding, but there have been a couple of games where he has been woeful.

Bit surprised that Upson is mentioned in despatches. Good defender, poor passer. But that football and opinions for you.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Crofts and PIG...( I need two votes)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It has to be Andrew Crofts. He is the driving force of the team. I think he will continue to shine, even when our best players return from injury.

Ince and Forster-Caskey have been outstanding and will be hard to drop once the squad is back to full-strength.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Thought Calderon was up there as our most consistent performer until he was dumped on the bench in favour of Bruno.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another vote for Crofts here. I just think he has been a leader on pitch. He combines tough tackling defence with god support to the 'attack'. He has been the proverbial midfield dynamo this season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have sympathy for the Kusczack, Upson and Crofts camps.

But I would go for Barnes for sheer bloody-mindedness, determination, consistent effort and whatever else in the face of adversity - so many people doing him down all the time.

But if he was a player, I would go for Senor Garcia. If it was Player or member of the management coaching staff of the year, I would go for Oscar.

PS - and once he is back and playing properly, I would hazard a guess that the eventual answer to the Player of the Season question will be Bridcutt.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Your location is the only possible excuse for this.

I've just "voted the same. What should my excuse be..... not that I think I need one.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Your location is the only possible excuse for this.

I've played enough football over the years to appreciate those players who don't have the talent others do but have the intestinal fortitude and passion to keep putting in a shift when others apparently more talented drop off when things get a bit too tough for them.

There seems to be a correlation between people with no concept of what's required in the team game of football and those who are Barnes haters.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings (Player (rated appearances*)... ave match rating)
Orlandi (2) ... 6.98
Ulloa (8) ... 6.67
Ince (9) ... 6.53
Kuszczak (15) ... 6.51
Lualua (10) ... 6.50
March (2) ... 6.50
Crofts (14) ... 6.44
Andrews (11) ... 6.34
Upson (15) ... 6.31
Ward (13) ... 6.29
Forster-Caskey (10) ... 6.17
Lita (4) ... 6.06
Calderon (14) ... 6.02
Greer (16) ... 5.97
Bridcutt (3) ... 5.96
Barnes (14) ... 5.91
Agustien (7) ... 5.75
Buckley (15) ... 5.66
Maksimenko (2) ... 5.63
Conway (8) ... 5.42
David Lopez (14) ... 5.11
Barker (1) ... 5.09
El-Abd (2) ... 5.02
Bruno (9) ... 5.02
Ankergren (1) ... 4.50

Matchs in which Player had the highest NSC rating average
Ulloa 4
Lualua 3
Andrews 2
Kuszczak 2
Greer 1
Crofts 1
Agustien 1
Buckley 1
Lita 1

(*i.e. Solly March has 4 appearances, but only two were long enough for people to rate)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Between Kusz, Ulloa and Crofts for me.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Think the key thing is here is that we have only played really well for 45 mins v Bolton and 30 mins v forest, and are only just outside the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here